NOT MINE 1969 Imperial LeBaron 2-door $5,850

crv

Reaction score
1969 Chrysler Imperial for sale by owner - Rush City, MN - craigslist
1969 Chrysler Imperial Coupe

Original E Code 440/Auto

New Tires/Brakes/Duel Exhaust Etc

Over $3,000 Spent In Repairs 2022

Needs Electrical Repairs (windows, headlights etc)

NO TITLE (old guy died no title in his name)

Runs Out Descent

Restore, Derby, Part Out?

No Trades

Cash Only

Any Questions Call Todd show contact info
1695812641110.png

1695812658337.png

1695812674238.png

1695812688427.png

1695812708678.png

1695812723592.png

1695812742771.png

1695812756593.png

1695812778933.png

1695812794574.png

Looks like a lot of car for the price. Rear window plug looks weird without the vinyl top but at least it looks like no roof rust issues.

Any Questions Call Todd (320)282-3366

aed75df5ada23ce694f10fd2e47a259b@sale.craigslist.org

So, title is the big thing here.
Does anyone have or know of a title company that will get titles for a said price?
Getting a title depends on your state I guess. I've heard people say it's impossible in their state but here In AZ a bonded title is no big deal. Takes 15-30 days and costs $200-$500 depending on cost of the bond.

Colorado will do bonded title also.
We have to get Bonded insurance for one year.
Have two vin search's completed, local and state.
List the car as in process in the local paper so the last owner has the ability to know it's being titled.
I think we have to send a certified letter to the last known address.
Then the state will give us a bonded title for one year.
After a year you can apply for a standard title.

A lot of work compared to the title companies that were around.
I purchased a title out of Alabama for 500.
Recently someone on fakebook said they could get titles through Kansas for 500.
I've heard at carlisle 2 years ago that New Hampshire will do titles for 500.
All those don't have hoops to jump through, just send them the money and pictures of the vin.

These guys may be able to help. Or be in Cahoots who do: Classic Auto Title
Hello, Antique and Classic Car folks!

Goodguys is coming up this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Weather is sunny but not super hot (low 90s - we'll take that!), so wear your sunblock to Texas Motor Speedway.

Look for our three RED TENTS on the front row of the swap meet and my bright yellow "TITLE PROBLEMS?" sign. I'll be next to my friend, Larry, who has an exceptional selection of quality year-of-manufacture plates from 1933-1998 and replica Texas Inspection stickers from years 1951-1981. Stop by and say hi and remind me of your name!

Typically, vendors clear out at the end of day on Saturday, and Sunday's swap meet is a grave yard. Don't wait too late to come see us, but we're hoping we'll all get to see you on Friday and Saturday.
1695822851874.jpeg

I did an Illinois Bonded title on my 70 Wagon. Straightforward and easy process. Hardest part was getting an L.E.O to come run the vin and sign my paperwork during covid. Had a Illinois title in my hands a month later.

It’s a good looking ’69 Imp, although I suspect you’ll find quite a bit of bondo around that rear window plug, as well as at the seam between the C-pillar and the top. (Entirely another question is wether you really have to look for it. It is a fifty four year old car. Enjoy it while you can.)

I have been "lurking" with respect to 69' Imps .. its the "gills: and "baby skirts. :)

Not in the game on this one
.. but almost.

My experience with no title/decedent owner is bad. Two tries, two disasters. I know, past aint prologue .. but I cant get into a sxrum over a potentiallly IMperfect title.

Moreso, however, the whole roof thing is bugging me a bit. Aint dissin' the car, but I don't know of any other way to go "topless" without a buncha goop/sanding -- demands a bit of skill. makes ,e also wonder why one would do this in the first place?

hope it finds a good home.

Getting a title depends on your state I guess. I've heard people say it's impossible in their state but here In AZ a bonded title is no big deal. Takes 15-30 days and costs $200-$500 depending on cost of the bond.
Michigan is cheap and easy for this also.

"V1K" is full vinyl roof, walnut, paint "Y3" says "antique Ivory". i like that .. ild like it a lot better IF it still had a vinyl roof.

I leave this one where i arrived. hope it finds a good home.

Minnesota requires an inspection and some other paperwork to be filled out. I asked around the time @71Polara383 was getting his in Illinois. It sounds like a more drawn out deal here, but is possible. If one can get a bonded title in their state, drag this puppy home and have at it!

Last edited:
another $0.02.

My title issues were of the type, in ONE example, that the TITLE i got from the GUY I bought from, was the UNSIGNED title from a DEAD guy HE bought from. I screwed up by NOT getting clear title from the guy I bought from -- "no title" equals "bad title" to me and I walk away from those..

Trying to be on the up and up (safest place to be in my experience)I tried to go back to the DEAD guys estate WITHOUT success AND the guy I bought from was acting life a real arse about it all. Whole friggin' deal was a trainwreck.

:mad:

OK, there might be some "left-handed" ways around it all. Might hold forever. My be a problem LATER for me/my estate.

Anyway, type of profession I am in? I am not doing that. I want unambigous/unchallengeable ownership of my stuff.

LSS, bonded titles may NOT insulate one from a successful title challenge from a rightful owner. All that is somewhere in the fine print from the bonding entiity.

I also recall that some state issued titles say "Duplicate - Original title may show up" or some such phrase RIGHT on the face of the title.- even when I was original owner who had to replace a title I lost.

Maybe it all works out = NO title deals == 99% if the time, or some similarly HIGH success rate. Groovy. Full speed ahead. My experience has blemishes that took time from other things.

Perhaps "polluted" by business life spilling over into my personal life, I just am down on "no title" deals in general, and specifically where a decedent/estate COULD (however remote the chance) have a claim and evidenced by a lawful, albeit old maybe, title document for the thing in MY garage..

Most States do NOT recognize bonded titles from other states during the bond period, which could range from a year to three years from issuance of the bonded title. I know Oklahoma will absolutely NOT touch a bonded title if it's not an Oklahoma-issued bonded title. I've turned down several Texas vehicles over the past three years because of this. It's vital if you are in a title-required state, that if you are getting a vehicle from your state or another title state, that the paperwork be 100% dead-on the money. Many states (OK included) do NOT recognize "title companies", as most are nothing more than title-washing facilitators that can get you in HUGE trouble.

I like the yellow on this Imperial coupe. If it had paperwork, I'd be seriously consider it. Saying this as I'm looking to reduce my numbers. Looks to be a fun driver. The deletion of the vinyl top and trim makes the car that much more interesting, to me. But, no title when the car is from a title state? Nope.

The H53 would be a deal breaker for me. YM23K9C303459

1696708434775.png

called a dead mans title here in PA ... so no ya ain't getting it transfered into your name here unless someone has a power of att. to bad .. looks like a nice car

Back