1969 Plymouth Town & Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could just be brilliant marketing to get us all riled up.

You'll be lucky to get $1000 for the complete car WITH the original drivetrain.

Who are you kidding........we are the C-Body experts and know what these cars are worth!

What makes you a Expert. Mr Senior Member. The car is worth what the buyer and I agree on " NOT WHAT YOU SAY IT"S WORTH MR. EXPERT "

that car is over on the staionwagonforums.com site, too. They've called $2,800 for this car "ridiculous" and have stated $800 - 1,200 as the price range for this.

$2,800 ain't gonna happen, no matter where this is posted.

not the same car

All I can figure is he is some old retired guy with absolutely nothing to do except look up C-body "For Sale" ads and post them. If you post an ad there these days, it rapidly rolls down the list into obscurity as superB posts all that crap. I really don't bother with the ads there anymore.

I mot old or retired all I did was post a Ad and was looking to sale the car. When the Ad came out everyone of you guy started crying and B!!!!in about everything. So if you can't say something good don't post at all. You guys need to grow up!

You need to go back and read the thread. Patrick wasn't talking about you, rather another silent member.

And that whole say something nice thing is BS. Freedom of speech, too hot in the kitchen and all that stuff, I prefer those sayings........ Deal with it. We are all adults here and disagree all the time, we move on as friends.......

jkent - if our feathers are a bit ruffled it's that you're threatening to break apart a car and it's (presumably) original motor.

Sure, 440's get put in other Mopars all the time. But we like to see them pulled from cars that were wrecked or rusted out. Not from a complete running car.

It's almost as if you went on to a forum dedicated to ships (ha, no pun!) and posted something like, "Guys, I have some great pics of ships I'd like to share!"

85_1shipbreakers_chittagong_bangladesh_03.jpg

I mot old or retired all I did was post a Ad and was looking to sale the car. When the Ad came out everyone of you guy started crying and B!!!!in about everything. So if you can't say something good don't post at all. You guys need to grow up!

All I can say to this is....Learn some proper gramar and spelling guy....it`s like listening to a 5 year old trying to be smart.

The way it is sitting, it looks like the engine is already out. Realistically, who is going to put the time and money into this wagon? In it's current condition all I see are parts. It will never make it as a "survivor" with the condition of the paint and interior. If it was priced correctly ($1000 - $1250) for the whole car, a newbie might think it is cool to drive until the wife and the wallet bankrupt him. Or, someone else will buy it and split it up and never dare post a word about it here. If it gives it's life so something else might live, it lives on. Of course, this is just my opinion which we are all entitled to.

BTW, Mr. Jkent (Jonathan Kent?), these ARE the experts, and it would be wise to heed their advice, including the bit about grammar. Just saying.

All I can figure is he is some old retired guy with absolutely nothing to do except look up C-body "For Sale" ads and post them. If you post an ad there these days, it rapidly rolls down the list into obscurity as superB posts all that crap. I really don't bother with the ads there anymore.

Hi Pat,

SuperB is not an old retired guy but a genuine fuselage enthusiast who spents a lot of time searching for cars being available. He shared a lot of information with me and helped a lot of people finding cars. Some guys overhere bought cars that he found and shipped them over.

Carsten

What makes you a Expert. Mr Senior Member. The car is worth what the buyer and I agree on " NOT WHAT YOU SAY IT"S WORTH MR. EXPERT "

And you are going to find that number to be $1,000 - $1,250, IF you sell the car with engine and trans, in running shape. Without the engine and trans??? Assuming the wagon-specific parts are any good at all, you'll have a $600 roller. If the wagon parts are garbage, then you have a scrap/derby car, with the price a scrapper/derbier will give you, which around here is about $400 for a no-drivetrain roller.

Best of luck at $2,800 - 'cuz that ain't gonna happen, no matter what.

Obviously YOU are not the EXPERT or a SCHOLAR!!!

Let us know how the "SALE" of your "PLYMOUTH" turn outs for you...

Hi Pat,

SuperB is not an old retired guy but a genuine fuselage enthusiast who spents a lot of time searching for cars being available. He shared a lot of information with me and helped a lot of people finding cars. Some guys overhere bought cars that he found and shipped them over.

Carsten

:icon_rolleyes: ................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back