NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 TNT in Morgantown PA $19,901

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
1970 Chrysler 300 Series Hardtop | eBay

Lots of Dealer Speak and washed out photo's, but can't verify if it is the original motor. I pass by this place a few times a year on my way to Carlisle and York PA, always wanted to stop in and check out the collection.
300a.jpg
300b.jpg
300c.jpg
300d.jpg
300e.JPG

The ad says "can't verify engine numbers", if they know that, why advertise it as such?

The ad says "can't verify engine numbers", if they know that, why advertise it as such?

The transmission matches:

1708529042625.jpeg

The block casting is from 1968 which is not date correct:

1708528957810.jpeg

And the engine pad is conveniently unreadable:

1708528995329.jpeg

That being said, I doubt it's original, the block is originally aqua blue, or even an HP engine, the valve covers look freshly painted. Someone would have to get in there and look at the top pad markings.

Other than that, it's a nice solid '70 300 U code.

Last edited:
yeah, from my point of view too, that is an odd answer. pan-rail doesn't have last digits of VIN/ unreadable due to corrosion? On a 30K car (verfied by documents OTHER than title??)

That's a new explanation, as my experience is last VIN digits are there, or different, or not there (e.g., service blocks and/or, pre-'68 pieces). date codes on block, heads, gone too?

Again, i'm not a player here, but if I were, I'd wanna sort out what seller means/knows about its history. It's highest appeal, to me, is its as a "number-matching" E86 sled.

@Samplingman answered my questions as I was typing.

In addition to wrong color, that block is pock-marked., as if it as sitting on the ground (that kinda stuff gets cleaned up in a well-done R&R).

We know (self-evidencing by VIN/tag)what it was born with. Can't verify, from info provided, what mill is really in it now. Still, hope is does well. Its a nice car, with/without original mill.

That originality factor would be a thing for a serious buyer and willing seller to sort out. Price is a little tall for me IF i were chasing it (which, again, I am not).

Last edited:
Nicely equipped with that vinyl roof, console, AM/FM.
But it does have Auto Temp.
Bid currently at $12,100 reserve not met at noon today, buy it now $19,900.

V1* 69-71 Full Vinyl Top
* Missing digit represents color choices
A- Gunmetal
B- Blue
C- Black Alligator
F - Green
G - Black Gator Grain
H - Green Floral (Mod Top 1969 Dart/Coronet Only)
J - Walnut Pattern (1970 Only)
J - Paisley (1971 Only)
K - Walnut
L - Champagne
L - Parchment
M - Burgundy
P - Yellow Floral (Mod Top 1969 Barracuda Only)
P - Mod Yellow (Mod Top 1970 Barracuda Only)
Q - Blue and Green Floral (Mod Top 1969 Satellite Only)
Q - Mod Blue (Mod Top 1970 Barracuda Only)
T - Tan
W - White
X - Black
Y - Gold and Green Floral (Mod Top 1969 Barracuda Only)
Y - Gold
Y - Tortoise Grain
9 - Special Order (V19=Black on Superbird)

as found online from mopar insider, so which is it?

I like it. It is a nice car. Not 20K+ nice, but it is a nice car that I would like to have.

I guess as nice as you are willing to pay.

I would say to the right buyer 7-10K since it is all not original.

The transmission matches:

View attachment 645304

The block casting is from 1968 which is not date correct:

View attachment 645302

And the engine pad is conveniently unreadable:

View attachment 645303

That being said, I doubt it's original, the block is originally aqua blue, or even an HP engine, the valve covers look freshly painted. Someone would have to get in there and look at the top pad markings.

Other than that, it's a nice solid '70 300 U code.
You sure that says 68? Looks like 69 from here? That would be accurate for a 70 model?

904 SPD... certainly would have a block cast in 69.

Judging by the underside photos. That's the original engine.

You sure that says 68? Looks like 69 from here? That would be accurate for a 70 model?
Looks like an 8 to me, no way to really tell for sure. Some pics show the aqua blue paint, some show rusty orange. It's all conjecture until someone crawls around underneath, but it looks like the dealer already did that. It's still a nice U code that may or may not have the original motor.

"......2 copies of the broadcast sheet, the sales order invoice, and laminated service receipts for the first 15 years of the cars life it's evident someone really cared about this full size muscle car. ..."

Laminated records.....that's a new one.

V1* 69-71 Full Vinyl Top
* Missing digit represents color choices
A- Gunmetal
B- Blue
C- Black Alligator
F - Green
G - Black Gator Grain
H - Green Floral (Mod Top 1969 Dart/Coronet Only)
J - Walnut Pattern (1970 Only)
J - Paisley (1971 Only)
K - Walnut
L - Champagne
L - Parchment
M - Burgundy
P - Yellow Floral (Mod Top 1969 Barracuda Only)
P - Mod Yellow (Mod Top 1970 Barracuda Only)
Q - Blue and Green Floral (Mod Top 1969 Satellite Only)
Q - Mod Blue (Mod Top 1970 Barracuda Only)
T - Tan
W - White
X - Black
Y - Gold and Green Floral (Mod Top 1969 Barracuda Only)
Y - Gold
Y - Tortoise Grain
9 - Special Order (V19=Black on Superbird)

as found online from mopar insider, so which is it?
1708547043823.jpeg

This car is the Chrysler version of the Dodge I'm waiting impatiently to show up. Unless I'm missing something it's worth 20. It's not 2019 anymore

Back