For Sale 1970 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png

That Imp. is drop dead gorgeous! I would guess it should easily see 3 times its current bid. No sense even thinking about the reserve at this point.

This Imperial is gorgeous, I like the color. I agree the price should be above 10k.

already been said.

this is a fine example of our beloved C's and hopefully, this time or in future if it doesnt find a home this round, it will command a price worthy of its apparent condition -- five figures obviously, starting with a "15" at least in my view, maybe even more than that assuming its documentation is in order . :)

imp2.jpg
imp3.jpg
imp4.jpg
imp5.jpg
imp6.jpg
imp7.jpg
imp8.jpg
imp9.jpg
imp10.jpg
imp11.jpg

Last edited:
Get the A/C blowing cold and it will fetch over 10 grand without a problem

Good point Stan. And that might not be so easy since it is Auto Temp 1 - and even with only 22K miles, it probably doesn't work even if the a/c is recharged. The only real negative with that car IMO. Otherwise, it is beautiful.

Some of us don't care about the A/C , working or not. A useless option to me and it not working doesn't take away value if I were buying

The car appears very nice..
For me the lack of options makes it less desirable....
Seems like a rather basic 2 dr Imppy ....

He does address the miles.....122k or 22k. Either way looks very well taken care of. I have not seen many '70 Coupes.

Some of us don't care about the A/C , working or not. A useless option to me and it not working doesn't take away value if I were buying

You guys in New Jersey don't need it that much, but us punks in California, Nevada, Arizona or Florida, need it. But then again, you might be pretty hard core, come to think of it! I like the 71s better anyway, much better instrument panels without those dim instrument lights in 1970. For me, if the car has an option on it, it had better work or I will never be happy. :realcrazy: :)

When I was a kid, NO ONE in Finland knew what an A/C was... Now it seems NO ONE can live without it, lol!

I have had my vert for 7 years now and I don't recall even just one day, so hot that top had to be up and A/C on.

However, I understand fellow C-body owners in Texas, California, Florida and other areas where A/C is a must, though.

If that Imp was TX9, I'd be bidding!

AC is x-tra weight that no one really needs.
Chrysler ACs don't work very well either as a good friend who knows told me.
So save the weight and turn the windows down. The good old 4/60 AC (four windows down going 60mph).

I had twice in my life a c-body woth working AC. Never used it as I just didn't like it.

AC is x-tra weight that no one really needs.
Chrysler ACs don't work very well either as a good friend who knows told me.
So save the weight and turn the windows down. The good old 4/60 AC (four windows down going 60mph).

I had twice in my life a c-body woth working AC. Never used it as I just didn't like it.

You're tougher than I am... we have long months of high heat and ridiculous humidity. AZ runs well over 100* F... but low humidity. I would melt without some kind of A/C... even poorly functioning A/C is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back