1971 Fury GT, Gold, Promo Car

And that, as they say, is that.
You are surely having in emotional state that many of us have been in.
I had some attachment, but I bought the car partly to keep Dan Corley from parting it. Satifaction is, I saved the car.
Now that it has welded front subframe, rebuilt suspension and brakes, I don't think anyone would dream of parting it.
Also, Rob has the resources and parts cars to take the vehicle to showroom new. By contrast, I planned driver quality resto. For the only 1971 Fury GT USA show car, I think I did the right thing.
And, there's a possibility, now that we know the true story of the car, rather than the mostly invented one I got when I bought it, the owner from 1990 to 2000 is investigating whether the original engine is in New Mexico. If it is, Rob can swoop in from southern Nevada, buy the original block, and make the car numbers matching.

Don,t know if you have this pic.......

1721018722317.jpeg

I had some attachment, but I bought the car partly to keep Dan Corley from parting it. Satifaction is, I saved the car.
Now that it has welded front subframe, rebuilt suspension and brakes, I don't think anyone would dream of parting it.
Also, Rob has the resources and parts cars to take the vehicle to showroom new. By contrast, I planned driver quality resto. For the only 1971 Fury GT USA show car, I think I did the right thing.
And, there's a possibility, now that we know the true story of the car, rather than the mostly invented one I got when I bought it, the owner from 1990 to 2000 is investigating whether the original engine is in New Mexico. If it is, Rob can swoop in from southern Nevada, buy the original block, and make the car numbers matching.
I get that.
It's a big reason why I don't have a GT - I don't want to focus all my resources into 1 thing.
Yes, must be satisfying to send it to a great caretaker.

I get that.
It's a big reason why I don't have a GT - I don't want to focus all my resources into 1 thing.
Yes, must be satisfying to send it to a great caretaker.
Thankfully, I have been able to focus my resources into multiple things and multiple C Bodies over 30+ years in this hobby. I understand your point. If I had started collecting parts for a GT in the mid 1990’s, I wouldn’t be able to have one being restored.

Back