NOT MINE 1971 Imperial 2-door.

The paint on this one seems to have some decent shine left. Who knows what it looks like up close, but from what I see, the car doesn't require to be 'restored'.
Not for my palate, anyway.

The bumpers, grille, trim and all lenses all look very presentable, and doesn't seem to be any bubbling under the VT (except maybe the passenger's A-pillar?).
So I was merely thinking about rust repair and then painting it from the lower molding downward.
And any repairs for daily-reliable status, of course.

I'm not interested in any car that needs $15-20k of cosmetics.
You're the typa guy I'd prefer to sell it to. Preservation rather than restoration.
There is minor bubbling on both A pillars as you noticed. So welding that up & a new top wouldn't be a bad thing.

This car is tugging at me for some reason, perhaps because I never really considered owning an Imperial.

Lack of title, the distance, lack of indoor storage space, and insufficient attention to the cars I already have are 4 obstacles I cannot easily sidestep.
But this car would've looked great sitting next to a similar-situation 1940 Packard coupe that I passed on ~20 years ago. (it was black also)

Perhaps @ayilar can step up and be a caretaker for a few years? Cars like this should get passed around in the family, no?

You're the typa guy I'd prefer to sell it to. Preservation rather than restoration.
There is minor bubbling on both A pillars as you noticed. So welding that up & a new top wouldn't be a bad thing.
I am your Buyer Sgt!!! My TX9 Avatar says it ALL! Just like in Real Estate; it would be my Honor and Privilege to be the New Steward of this ‘71 LeBaron; my now in France ‘71 had all sorts of cosmetic challenges and I absolutely LOVED to daily drive that FUSELAGE Appreciate a PM as my account has ‘reached a PM limit’ Thank You in advance! Mark

Last edited:
@TX9 Bring up the PM you want to delete and click on leave as pictured below.
20240708_180922.jpg

I am your Buyer Sgt!!! My TX9 Avatar says it ALL! Just like in Real Estate; it would be my Honor and Privilege to be the New Steward of this ‘71 LeBaron; my now in France ‘71 had all sorts of cosmetic challenges and I absolutely LOVED to daily drive that FUSELAGE
That would be cool on so many levels!

That would be cool on so many levels!
I’ll never forget the morning the Auto Transporter loaded up my ‘71 TX9 it was lightly snowing in West Sonoma County California [rare, if ever event] that FUSELAGE looking as slick as ever, as I said farewell . . .
B57ABBCC-A769-4F53-82B6-758AB5A9983D.jpeg

A shame the top got changed; black with a green top would really stand-out, and compliment the green interior! Hopefully someone with some good metalworking skill saves 'er!

Back