1971 to 1970 Plymouth Fury parts exchange

MONC440

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm going to look at a parts car for my 70 2-door PH23 roof Sport Fury and wanted to know a few bits of info if anyone knows. I know I could look up all the info in the parts books but thought I would ask here first. The parts car is a 1971 Fury II 2-door PH23 top. I want to know if the following parts will work on my 70, and before people start saying they are different because of cosmetic looks or style, I'm not worried about that. I just want to know if they will fit on my 70. Exterior parts; front fenders, front valance, windshield, Interior parts; door panels, rear side panels, dash pad. This parts car has all these parts in great shape, or at least better than mine. The car in fact would probably be less work to fix than mine but I already have so much fab work done I don't want to turn back now. Thanks in advance.

Nearly Everything will interchange. However, the fender to firewall bars between a 1970 and a 1971 Fury are different lengths so you have to use the 1971 bars with the 1971 fenders. In addition, 1971 Fury fenders have an inner brace that 1970 fenders do not have. The rear bumper and rear valance panels are different. good luck with your project.

Nearly Everything will interchange. However, the fender to firewall bars between a 1970 and a 1971 Fury are different lengths so you have to use the 1971 bars with the 1971 fenders. In addition, 1971 Fury fenders have an inner brace that 1970 fenders do not have. The rear bumper and rear valance panels are different. good luck with your project.
Thanks for the info.

Does your parts car has a good pair of rear windows surrounds (interior)?

Yes I need the windshield. That is one of the main reasons for buying the car.

Back