WANTED 1972 or 1973 Dodge Monaco Coupe MINT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeMopuar

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking for a mint 1972 or 1973 Dodge Monaco coupe. I would like it to be totally rust free on the exterior sheet metal. Same with the underside of the car. Would prefer bucket seats and manual windows, but not a deal breaker -- it is much more important for me to have a dry clean rust free body. Cars that have not been repainted or restored would be of a lot more interest to me from the Southwest USA. I am located in the Midwest, but am willing to travel to the lower 48 states to look at the right car. I need to see the condition of the car before I'm willing to invest in travel, I would like to see photos of the underside by the rear spring shackle mounts, the bottom of the door pinch welds on both sides, the deck lid pinch welds, and interior and engine photos. I am willing to pay up for the right car. I know how rare these are in this condition and payment would be in line with this fact.

The car would be going to a great home in a climate controlled garage with a lot of other Mopars -- so trust me, I do understand the Mopar thing very well. So if you know of someone who has an excellent example and would want their car to be lovingly appreciated by a true Mopar enthusiast, then I might be the one. I guarantee that I will pay more for a true rust free car than anyone else. Please forward any questions or leads to mhoffman (at) hoffcons (dot) com or a PM here.

1972-Dodge-Monaco.jpg

1972-Dodge-Monaco.jpg

The one photoed is Scotts old car.I havent seen that in almost fifteen years

I don't know anyone who has one of these Monaco's, I just took it off the internet if someone was wondering exactly what I am looking for body wise.

I don't know anyone who has one of these Monaco's, I just took it off the internet if someone was wondering exactly what I am looking for body wise.

They are uncommon, and if you do locate a 72 or 73 it is a 4 door. Good luck with your search

there was one for sale last year in perfect original condition.
It was light yellow and belonged to a member here. It was on ebay, seems you have missed it.
Maybe it can be tracked down and tried to buy it?

I did not see that car on eBay or I would have been all over it.

Yes, I do realize how difficult this is going to be. I don't want someone to give me an excellent example for nothing -- I am ready to pay for an excellent example. I will not pay for a rusty car though, I just want to be clear about that. I know most people don't look under their cars -- but I do and trust me, I know how difficult this is going to be to find a clean dry car. Again, I will pay up more than anyone else for an excellent example -- and it will be going to a great home and will be taken care of and maintained to a high level. Sometimes it takes money to buy whiskey my friends.

there was one for sale last year in perfect original condition.
It was light yellow and belonged to a member here. It was on ebay, seems you have missed it.
Maybe it can be tracked down and tried to buy it?

As Carsten indicated, I sold two of them last year that met your requirements, one on ebay and the other by word of mouth. PM me if you want to contact the owner of the 72 yellow one. It is a 39K mile car with original paint and absolutely no rust ever, but a bench paisley seat. It has the 440 engine. It also had a perfect dashpad as shown in one of the photos. It went to Florida. Maybe he will listen to an offer - I don't know. The green one went to Finland. It was an original 33K mile car with mostly original paint and a proper repair to one of the rear quarter from a little fender bender - not rust. It had a 400-2 engine. I have one left that I am going to restore and it is not for sale but it would not meet your requirements in its present state anyway. Here are some photos of the ones I sold:

100_6764.jpg100_6769.jpg100_6782.jpg100_6783.jpg100_6786.jpg

100_7333.jpg100_7337.jpg100_7342.jpg

100_6764.jpg

100_6769.jpg

100_6782.jpg

100_6783.jpg

100_6786.jpg

100_7333.jpg

100_7337.jpg

100_7342.jpg

Interesting that you should post that yellow Monaco wagon photo..................

Just a couple months ago, I sold one identical to it except that the owner had taken off the woodgrain before I bought it. I ended up selling that wagon to a guy here in Southern California. He really loves it and has done some fixing up on it and plans to do some more. But he is using it as his daily driver now and he keeps sending me emails about how much he enjoys it. Glad he got it since I will get to see it around here in the future. It has a 440, dual a/c, power everything and he added road wheels to it too. He is also restoring a 71 Polara police car.

100_8461.jpg

100_8461.jpg

Beautiful cars Steve.....Every time I read about your collection I simply shake my head in awe.....

One of these days were gonna make a top ten "you suck" list and you're gonna be in the top five

I'm sure..... but I was being nice as I know other guys have multiple amazing cars

no need to worry.
Steve is number one for sure.
The best Fuselage C-body collection around

Despite from that he simply is a great guy.
Friendly and helpful in every possible way.

Carsten

How about a thread showcasing all of his cars? :poke:

Thank you for the request, but in this day and age and related internet security issues, I would prefer not to highlight all of them in one place. But I will leak them out from time to time to the faithful believers here. You have seen most of the nice ones in any case - its the project cars that I have to restore that haven't been seen all that much, but as I restore them, they will come to light too. And you guys are always welcome for a visit when you are out in Southern California. Glad to show you around the asylum!
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back