NOT MINE 1973 Dodge Polara - 47k Original Miles - Mopar - $8,700 (San Bernardino)

they convinced me to call it quits then and there and helped me buy a newer used car.
Perhaps I'm reading into this, but here's some advice an older guy gave me years ago: don't mess with your daily driver.
He meant 'don't modify today the car you need to drive to work tomorrow', but the coin's flipside rings true also - always have a daily driver that doesn't need to be worked on.
I had very good luck with my avatar car as a daily driver for several years but the advent of a 'modern' car for my commute was a game-changer.

So, @LowQualityImage, what was under those seat covers?
Honestly, the seats themselves weren't too bad under the seat covers. The stitching had started to come apart slightly on the front bench where the driver would usually sit, but they were in overall good condition. Virtually no damage to the rear seat. No missing cushioning/stuffing or duct tape repairs or any of what you might expect. I still kept the covers on for the entire time that I owned the car though.

Perhaps I'm reading into this, but here's some advice an older guy gave me years ago: don't mess with your daily driver.
He meant 'don't modify today the car you need to drive to work tomorrow', but the coin's flipside rings true also - always have a daily driver that doesn't need to be worked on.
I had very good luck with my avatar car as a daily driver for several years but the advent of a 'modern' car for my commute was a game-changer.
Yeah, using the Polara as a daily definitely wasn't the brightest idea I've had. Thankfully, where I was working at the time, my boss really liked the car and was very understanding and patient with me on the few occasions where it wasn't able to bring me to work on time. I actually once had the power steering belt jump off the pulley on my way to work. Almost hilariously, the road leading up to my old workplace consisted of several tight turns. It was as if life was playing a mean prank on me that morning. For the most part though, it did just fine getting me where I needed to go, even if it wasn't always entirely happy to do so.

Back