For Sale 1976 Plymouth Gran Fury Police Interceptor, 440 V8 - $1 (Minneapolis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
However...what's intriguing is the 999 interior code.
Keep
tumblr_mlu80omdz81rgr4l6o1_250.gif

which I am doing.

Point of interest.
From scanning the Hamtramck Registry library, it appears thatall the buckets were highback and the benches had those "brick" headrests.

The seats in question are regular back buckets with headrests.

img_3096-jpg.jpg

Example:

PicsArt_12-15-12.04.28.jpg

I need to go back to the earlier seventies I think to find buckets with headrests.

Last edited:
However...what's intriguing is the 999 interior code. Typically, you would see another color code. Here's another 77 PK41 car with A1B3 interior but with PB3 code following. (also notice the B "for sale in Canada" supersedes the K "cop car" VON.)

FK3, as you look at the car, see if you can find the vendor tag attached to the bottom frame of the seat. It's about .75 high and a couple of inches long. There should be some info on there that could be interesting.

View attachment 156922

I don't have the car at my place so it might be several days until I'm back there again but I'll do that when I can.We're expecting several days of rain starting tonight so it won't be real soon.
Also,the floor pan on the passenger side is so rusty that the only thing holding the back end of the seat in place is the floor mat.I'm sure I could pull that seat out without having to unbolt it but would probably rip the floor mat even more.
Is is a metal tag? and do you know where I should look for it on the seat frame?

Here's one more look at the drivers seat,in this one you can see the pattern of the fabric.It looks like a standard Mopar fabric but I'm not an expert on cars in the formal years.

IMG_3100.JPG

Last edited:
I don't have the car at my place so it might be several days until I'm back there again but I'll do that when I can.We're expecting several days of rain starting tonight so it won't be real soon.
Also,the floor pan on the passenger side is so rusty that the only thing holding the back end of the seat in place is the floor mat.I'm sure I could pull that seat out without having to unbolt it but would probably rip the floor mat even more.
Is is a metal tag? and do you know where I should look for it on the seat frame?

Here's one more look at the drivers seat,in this one you can see the pattern of the fabric.It looks like a standard Mopar fabric but I'm not an expert on cars in the formal years.

View attachment 156926

Yes. It's a metal tag attached to the frame. It will have a series of numbers on it. Likely three to four groupings. It should be fairly obvious.

which I am doing.

Point of interest.
From scanning the Hamtramck Registry library, it appears thatall the buckets were highback and the benches had those "brick" headrests.

The seats in question are regular back buckets with headrests.

View attachment 156924

Example:

View attachment 156925

I need to go back to the earlier seventies I think to find buckets with headrests.

I do believe Es and B' s went to high back in 70 and Cs went in 71

I do believe Es and B' s went to high back in 70 and Cs went in 71
Thank you, sir.

I am working with the most miniscule details here. All I have to go on is the headrest and a tiny portion of the seatback hinge. The aftermarket seat cover obscures the original pattern.

I've gone back to 1969 and I still can't find a factory bucket that matches this seat. I'm gonna be a real pain in the *** and ask for a pic of the seat w/o the cheap seat cover. Thanks.

PicsArt_12-15-08.50.41.jpg

Thank you, sir.

I am working with the most miniscule details here. All I have to go on is the headrest and a tiny portion of the seatback hinge. The aftermarket seat cover obscures the original pattern.

I've gone back to 1969 and I still can't find a factory bucket that matches this seat. I'm gonna be a real pain in the *** and ask for a pic of the seat w/o the cheap seat cover. Thanks.

View attachment 156949

No prob,I'll peel one of the seat covers off next time I'm there if it might help solve the mystery.I'm curious myself about this now.

View attachment 156928

Very bad, cars of these years were rot boxes made out of very low grade metal.

The car is very rusty but it's also spent it's entire civilian life outside on Vancouver Island which a coastal rain forest and was parked in a back yard on soft ground on the shady side of needle dropping fir trees since 1994.Pretty much a worse case scenario for any car.Too bad as the car was complete,straight,and apparently running fine when retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back