1978 NYB Window Sticker

68 4spd Fury

Reaction score
Came across this some of my Dad's things, the option codes may be of interest.
2018078.jpg

Wow... Pepper Plymouth. Used to buy parts from Herb and Jim there.

It says that it was sold to "Fleet div. employee lease". Was that a NPG employee sale?

It says that it was sold to "Fleet div. employee lease". Was that a NPG employee sale?

Also Y22 CORPORATE LEASE CAR-EXECUTIVE

Do I see a “C” in the VON?

Interesting that the 400 is listed as NO CHARGE.

Everything changed in 1978 and the 400 was the standard engine for a NYB with option of 360 or 440 depending on location. Hi altitude standard engine was a 360. No 440 in California.

That’s exactly my point. Why wouldn’t the 400 be listed in the left column with the rest of the AT NO EXTRA CHARGE standard equipment? Why was it specifically called out in the listing of additional cost items?

I can see the 440 being called out as an additional cost item (and I still want to know if cars with the 360 received a credit) but I thought it interesting the 400 received its own line instead of being listed with the rest of the standard items.

It probably was. After the lease, their old cars (around 1 year old) were left in a particular area of the parking lot, and you could buy them through a dealer, before they were auctioned. I stopped by every now and then, just to look. The security guard usually had access to the keys. In 1986, I bought the plant manager's 86 GLH Turbo. He lived in Verbeck-Manlius, was a very nice man, and gave me lots of neat stuff with the car. I paid Fayetteville Dodge for the car.

This particular one never showed up on the lot, but the dealer knew that I wanted one and the plant manager had one, so they had him call me. It was $400 over their wholesale price. They sometimes sold them cheap, and very few people knew about that. My Uncle was the shop steward.

Last edited:
More interesting to me is the price of the am/fm-c-body radio option. A whopping $587 bucks! In today's money that's $2,265!
But I suppose it's just like an optional navigation system on some high end cars.
I just can't see paying that just to talk with your "good buddies" lol

In reference to the engine, that was a no-cost option. Since you could get a 440 for the same price, but many did not want that in their new car at the time, the 360 and 400 were no-cost options.

It probably was. After the lease, their old cars (around 1 year old) were left in a particular area of the parking lot, and you could buy them through a dealer, before they were auctioned. I stopped by every now and then, just to look. The security guard usually had access to the keys. In 1986, I bought the plant manager's 86 GLH Turbo. He lived in Verbeck-Manlius, was a very nice man, and gave me lots of neat stuff with the car. I paid Fayetteville Dodge for the car.

This particular one never showed up on the lot, but the dealer knew that I wanted one and the plant manager had one, so they had him call me. It was $400 over their wholesale price. They sometimes sold them cheap, and very few people knew about that. My Uncle was the shop steward.

The lessee always had first refusal, if they had a friend or family member that wanted the car. Then they went outside, you could get a list of what was available in finance. It was first come first serve, no price negotiation.

In 86, remember his name? Bill Menkins or Ed Zimmerman.

Last edited:
My 78 NYB had that radio. Of course it didn' work. Also needed a special antenna which is as easy to find as a big wiper cam or roof rail seals.

In reference to the engine, that was a no-cost option. Since you could get a 440 for the same price, but many did not want that in their new car at the time, the 360 and 400 were no-cost options.

Not a big deal back then. 400 and 440 had 10 hp difference.

More interesting to me is the price of the am/fm-c-body radio option. A whopping $587 bucks! In today's money that's $2,265!
But I suppose it's just like an optional navigation system on some high end cars.
I just can't see paying that just to talk with your "good buddies" lol

It's less than AC, ($601), I was surprised to see that was still an option.

I there's an Aldi's where Peppers was now.
It was an executive lease car.

The lessee always had first refusal, if they had a friend or family member that wanted the car. Then they went outside, you could get a list of what was available in finance. It was first come first serve, no price negotiation.

In 86, remember his name? Bill Menkins or Ed Zimmerman.
Lloyd Marcus, Jr.

Back