SOLD 1990 Dakota Sport Convertible 2wd

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this post I will include a link to some of the pictures I have included that I uploaded so far. Some are old pictures where I had removed the fender flares to clean them up since they were faded. As you can seen the lips aren't rusted which is where these trucks like to rust at. Not a perfect truck but, not horrible either. I updated the pictures and information. Keep in mind I put 7k obo or a trade plus cash. I have about 10k invested in this truck so far. It doesn't need much IMO. What trades would I consider? I will just post them here from the ad.

74-78 Chrysler New Yorker (2 door or 4 door), 74-78 Chrysler Newport (2 or 4 door) or a 70-73 Imperial (2 door or 4 door), 70-72 Fury (2 door big block), 69-71 Chrysler 300 2 door or 4 door, 74-78 Dodge C-Body. I might also consider a 68-78 Mopar Wagon for trade with a 383 or 440. Please no project cars and non running cars.

http://s328.photobucket.com/user/redx79/library/90 Dakota Convertible?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:
IMG_0872.jpgIMG_0887.jpg90.jpgIMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

90.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

If it was a 91 with the TBI V8 then you had a rare one on your hands. In 1991 Chrysler Corp sent 8 of these trucks to ASC (American Sunroof Corporation) to finish out their contract on these models. All the 89s would have V6 engines because they were built on the Sport models and then in 1990 you could get the convertible option on the base trucks as well. Chrysler built a few of these with a 4 cylinder as well. I have seen two of the 4 cylinder trucks for sale since 2005? I think about 3 of the 1991s are known to exist today.

If it was a 91 with the TBI V8 then you had a rare one on your hands. In 1991 Chrysler Corp sent 8 of these trucks to ASC (American Sunroof Corporation) to finish out their contract on these models. All the 89s would have V6 engines because they were built on the Sport models and then in 1990 you could get the convertible option on the base trucks as well. Chrysler built a few of these with a 4 cylinder as well. I have seen two of the 4 cylinder trucks for sale since 2005? I think about 3 of the 1991s are known to exist today.

My wife and I looked at it while home visiting family in Michigan. It was in the showroom at the local Chrysler dealership. All I really remember about it was that it looked really nice, but the window sticker was about twice as much as the hardtop truck sitting next to it. We decided we didn't need a convertible truck that badly afterall....

My wife and I looked at it while home visiting family in Michigan. It was in the showroom at the local Chrysler dealership. All I really remember about it was that it looked really nice, but the window sticker was about twice as much as the hardtop truck sitting next to it. We decided we didn't need a convertible truck that badly afterall....

I'm sure they might have worked a deal. These trucks were a "love or hate" type thing and kind of like the Superbirds and Daytonas of the past. The 89s were more expensive because it was already built on the Sport platform which already had all bells and whistles then add things like cruise, tilt, AC, etc. and it added up quick. That's why Chrysler offered the convertible option on the base Dakota in 1990, as you could get the option with the stripper 4 cylinder model with crank windows to try help sales but, it didn't take off.

Thank you. Too a point I hate selling it but, at the same time I'd like to get back to an older Mopar and I figure I would go with a C-Body or D-Body because I've been kind of drawed to them.

Here's my fuelly account for the truck as well. I figure I would throw it out there.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/dodge/dakota/1990/90dakotaconvertible/286206

Also, need to check on it but, I have a 79 360 long block from a LRE in that's been sitting in the garage and I was going to use it but, I figure I would consider using it to go along with the sale of the truck. At this time, I have also decided to drop the price of the truck to $6500 for forcbodiesonly.com members and cbodydrydock.com members. I also have the stripes that go with the sale of the truck as well. Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
Update, on the truck. The brake pedal was hissing when I pressed it so I figured it was the brake booster. So, now the truck has a new brake booster and pedal switch.

I'll do one last price drop. I just had a 4 wheel alignment done this past week. I have a few options in mind and would like to move this truck if possible. My FCBO member price is $5,200 firm and I can't no lower than that with what I paid and the work done on the truck.

More good new. Just stumbled upon some NOS Bosch covers so I may swap those out over the old ones I had. Additionally, I may consider a trade for a "Formal" and cash. Looking to trade for a nice 74-77 Chrysler New Yorker 4 door, 76-77 Chrysler Newport 4 door, 74-77 Gran Fury 4 door, or 74-77 Dodge Monaco or Royal Monaco. Looking for a big block car and no projects or junk. Hate selling the truck but, I've wrapped enough money in and need to free a little additional cash to put toward a newer car. Just realize some of the pictures I posted are old and I got newer better pictures of the truck. Here's what she looks like after being cleaned and a little sun shining on a clean 24 year old paint job. Not perfect but, still good.IMG_1074.jpgThank you FCBO.

IMG_1074.jpg

One last price drop I'll go to $5k but, I keep most of the parts that I have for the truck and I keep the aftermarket stereo system. Otherwise, I might consider an even up trade for a really nice Formal or even Formal wagon that needs nothing within a 250 mile radius of 46060. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back