65 Imperial Carburetor

ab777

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to classic Mopars and Imperials, and I recently got a 65 Imperial. The carburetor on the car appears to be the original Carter. It’s number is 3871S, I was wondering if this is the correct carburetor for it?

Head over to www.mymopar.com and look in the "Service Manuals" section. Should be a '65 Chrysler/Imperial factory service manual you can download for free. Also the similar Chrysler Parts Manual, too.

The unusual thing about the pre-1966 Chrysler factory service manuals is that the "Specs" are in the back of the book. Rather than at the end of each section, like the 1966 and later ones are.

LOTS of interesting Chrysler MasterTech training videos you can watch, too.

The service manuals might take a few minutes to download, but nothing like "all night".

Then head over to www.hamtramck-historical.com and the "Library" section. There you'll find a spread sheet covering several model years. Should be some color and trim guides and related dealer order guides, too. Plus some other things you might find interesting. Just follow the prompts for brand, model, and model year to get to the right lists.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Head over to www.mymopar.com and look in the "Service Manuals" section. Should be a '65 Chrysler/Imperial factory service manual you can download for free. Also the similar Chrysler Parts Manual, too.

The unusual thing about the pre-1966 Chrysler factory service manuals is that the "Specs" are in the back of the book. Rather than at the end of each section, like the 1966 and later ones are.

LOTS of interesting Chrysler MasterTech training videos you can watch, too.

The service manuals might take a few minutes to download, but nothing like "all night".

Then head over to www.hamtramck-historical.com and the "Library" section. There you'll find a spread sheet covering several model years. Should be some color and trim guides and related dealer order guides, too. Plus some other things you might find interesting. Just follow the prompts for brand, model, and model year to get to the right lists.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Wow thank you! I was actually trying to figure out where I can find such resources to learn more about the car.

Back