66 Fury A/C help... please

hotskins

Reaction score
I have a 66 Fury III 4 door sedan with a 318 poly. The car had factory A/C but somewhere along the way it got ripped out. I have been getting parts to put it back together, but I have no idea what it should look like under the hood. How is the compressor mounted, I have the big "u" mount still on the engine block, but there are three other bars that I have no clue how or where they go. Also the hose routing and what not. The dryer and condenser are still there. (a new drier will be bought before finnal install) If anyone has pictures or wouldn't mind taking a few so I can have some kind of reference when it all goes back in the car I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I have a 66 Fury III 4 door sedan with a 318 poly. The car had factory A/C but somewhere along the way it got ripped out. I have been getting parts to put it back together, but I have no idea what it should look like under the hood. How is the compressor mounted, I have the big "u" mount still on the engine block, but there are three other bars that I have no clue how or where they go. Also the hose routing and what not. The dryer and condenser are still there. (a new drier will be bought before finnal install) If anyone has pictures or wouldn't mind taking a few so I can have some kind of reference when it all goes back in the car I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

My (66) Fury is a 383 car but I think the brackets may be the same. Would you like for me to take a few pics and see if the set up is alike?

I have the service manual, but it doesn't show how it all goes together, at least not on the engine itself. Thats what I need help with. I am a big fan of doing it yourself, thats why I'm not taking it somewhere and haveing it done for me. I don't have all the answers, thats why we have forums like this.

Back