'66 Newport 2 Door hardtop

Have you ever thought of some white letter tires to go with black steel and poverty caps. I had cooper cobras on my burgandy 300 that looked pretty hood.

Have you ever thought of some white letter tires to go with black steel and poverty caps. I had cooper cobras on my burgandy 300 that looked pretty hood.
I actually thought A LOT about white letter tires with the poverty caps, but decided that was too much of a "70s" thing and not at all mid-60s. I was actually looking at red line tires from BF Goodrich, but they are $325 each!

I actually thought A LOT about white letter tires with the poverty caps, but decided that was too much of a "70s" thing and not at all mid-60s. I was actually looking at red line tires from BF Goodrich, but they are $325 each!
A lot of mid 60 dodge and plymouths had that tire/wheel set up. My brothers 691/2 superbee didnt even come with any caps. I looked at red lines to, way to much for me!

A lot of mid 60 dodge and plymouths had that tire/wheel set up. My brothers 691/2 superbee didnt even come with any caps. I looked at red lines to, way to much for me!
Yeah, the Red Lines are cool, but I'm not ready to spend $1300 on tires when I already have brand new tires right now!

The earliest I've seen for poverty caps with white letters was a 68 Hemi Charger. There may be earlier, but it wasn't really super popular from what I've seen until the '70s.

Final version of my "Car Show Placard" - whadya think?

car show placard final.png

Probably the only c body there, thats how it goes down here, 2 or 3 tops at a regular show. Its always good to see the old schools.

Put the old Teslong "borescope" in the gas tank today through the fuel filler pipe and confirmed that I don't have a "float," but instead I have a "sink." That's why my gas gauge is always showing empty and the needle moves just a little bit as the tank gets emptier - there is less weight of fuel pushing the float down. I was also pleased to see that the inside of the gas tank was nice shiny metal, and not a speck of rust was observed.

Wednesday afternoon car hang at the local burger joint. The blue Plymouth has a 408 small block and claims to run in the 10s …

AAA7EB8A-33E0-4968-A0D0-9C38BB0F2496.jpeg

Back