'67 or '68 Newport....Which do you Prefer?

Geez... This thread is really making me wish I'd bought Stan's Newport.

I looked at that '68 New Yorker in Chico yesterday. It's a real 40 footer. You get closer than that and you begin to see some big problems: dented right rear fender, dented left front fender with missing trim, missing vent piece over the wipers, bad interior especially the rear seat, missing interior trim.... I didn't ask the price nor did I take pictures as I was rather disappointed. From the street it looks great!

That's a shame. Sounds about like the NYer I went to Jersey to get trim off of. It looked great when he posted it on here for sale. Once the wide trim was off the bottom of the car it was nothing but rotted out. I'm not sure what was holding the trim on to be honest.

Yes, it had a big trailer hitch on the back too. Didn't see that from the street either.

Since this thread is still going I think the 67 styling is sharper and more striking but the 68 has the better tail lights

My Mopar Friend Dave Carr shared this with me today on Facebook. If you like the '68s, and wagons, you'll love this....

1968 CHRYSLER WAGON

01010_c7J9xUYFEeM_600x450.jpg

1968 CHRYSLER WAGON

condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: blue
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

safety tips

I've got a 67 300 convertible which I love. I know there were some subtle differences between the 67 and 68 300's. The dash is similar but different between the two years. Hate to say it, but I think I like the 68 dash better. It has more padding, and the shiny chrome part on the dash is above the black and chrome section. The 67 is the opposite...The chrome on the 67 shines in the eyes annoyingly in the eyes under certain conditions... /They probably fixed that for 68.

Truth be told, I like the 66 300 the best...I just got the 67 because it was the closest to the 66 I could find!

Back