68' Fury III Fast Top- Roll up rear quarter window seal

Wellknowngundam

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time located the seal that goes between the front and rear window. Does anyone have a lead on a good source. I have looked around online but I may have missed something.
IMG_2981.JPG

First it looks like the window needs adjusted. The weatherstrip is this one, worked on my 65 Polara, just had to trim a teensy bit to accomodate the screws in the trim.
1965-1968 Chrysler Dodge Plymouth Convertible Side Window Leading Edge Seals

Thanks for that, the weatherstrip I was looking for kind of looks like a spud wrench without its lower jaw. I could replace it with a straight piece like that pretty easily but I'm more comfortable replacing it with the same type.

Guys, I have, since posting, ordered a huge expensive ($499) weatherstripping kit from Kanter.com just to get this one piece. I also know that I'll be needing those others sooner or later. Maybe I will have something someone else needs. :)

First it looks like the window needs adjusted. The weatherstrip is this one, worked on my 65 Polara, just had to trim a teensy bit to accomodate the screws in the trim.
1965-1968 Chrysler Dodge Plymouth Convertible Side Window Leading Edge Seals

As far as the window adjustment, it has the same gap all the way down so bringing it in will just make the top or bottom worse. The bodylines of the door and the body dont quite match, but its shut tight. Maybe I could adjust the striker inward? It doesn't look like it has much room to move.

IMG_2983.JPG

You weren't asking about the vertical weatherstrip visible between the two stainless pieces that seal the drivers side window to drivers side rear window gap?

The pic you put up on the first post shows a gap between the two that appears to my untrained eyeball to be a fair bit wider at the top than it is at the bottom. That, to me, indicates that one of the windows needs to be tilted more, either the front one inward or the rear one outward - again though, I have no auto body nor auto glass degree so maybe I need my eyes examined as well as my head. Or perhaps the front glass is 'catching' on the roof rail seal and not allowing it to come all the way inward - you can try rolling it down a tad and then shutting the door and see if you get a tighter gap from top to bottom.

good stuff man. I was trying to get this car and could not work a deal with chris. glad you brought it back here - hope you stick around the forum.

let me know how that kanter kit looks please. I need the same weatherstrip kit also...

homeboy documented that car really well here on this site - don't know if you have read it yet.

- saylor

good stuff man. I was trying to get this car and could not work a deal with chris. glad you brought it back here - hope you stick around the forum.

let me know how that kanter kit looks please. I need the same weatherstrip kit also...

homeboy documented that car really well here on this site - don't know if you have read it yet.

- saylor

I've read a few of his posts about it. He also provided me with a lot in person. I will let you know about the Kanter Kit but its going to be about another 3 weeks for delivery.

Back