68 Monaco brake help.

german_monaco

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I was recommended asking for help on this forum. I have friends in Germany that are the owners of a 68’ Monaco. They are trying to find a set of front rotors. They said that it is not a conversion and was factory. I offered to try to find some in the states to send to them but I am having a tough time trying to find information regarding the Monaco. I was wondering if there were other models of the same year that dodge would have used the same rotors for that might be easier to look up. For example finding info and replacement parts for other C bodies seem to be more readily available than what I can find on the Monaco.

The factory power front disc brake option started with the 1966 model year on Chrysler, Plymouth, and Dodge C-body cars. A similar system was on the smaller B-body cars, but the systems on those cars were appropriately down-sized for them. No parts crossover, other than the brake fluid that both used.

You might use the "Search" function on this forum to look for possible sources of rotors that can be machined (as to surface finish) or adapted to the 1968 C-body cars, from other Chrysler vehicles of later vintage.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

German_monaco ,
If it is a Factory Front Disc Brake Car, that uses the “ Budd System “ with 4 - piston calipers …..

If that is the case, and that is the ONLY factory set up —- those ROTORS are used by ONLY 1966 - 1968 “ C “ Bodies with the
“ BUDD SYSTEM “ which have Factory Disc Brakes….

I have been the only one on the planet who has had those Rotors for the last 25 years… I have them brand new !!!!
They ARE very expensive… P.M. me, as per forum rules , if interested…..
Craig…..

Back