The Hurst Registry

I read June :poke:
How embarrassing. My weak excuse is that I'm surrounded with a bunch of pictures of door stickers that I'm sorting through. :(

But yeah, April window and a June door stickers? Maybe George ran out of fiberglass mat and resin.

Seriously, there's not much else to hold up changing a 300 into a Hurst. Seems that I've seen something about backlogs from the subcontractor on the 'glass stuff. Anyone?

Last edited:
Another example we can see is 196872 in the Registry. You can see that car has a known Door Date of March, but it is sandwiched between two known April cars. There are approximately 40 VINs between 196833 (the last known March car in our list) and 196872. What was happening with 196872 that it was a March car instead of an April car? I suspect there is a simple explanation for these variances, related to the Hurst-ization process. Also, too bad we don't have the VON for 196833 to shed some light on this glitch but we likely never will because that was the junker "Rickshaw" car with no front end.

I would guess that the folks in the Production Control and the Accounting departments weren't as concerned with these little numerical glitches as we are, 54 years later. :BangHead:

I should soon have some information on batches and gaps that I'll post early week.

Last edited:
July 31 Registry Update

Yellow is a new listing, Tan is new or improved info for an existing entry.

July 31 2024.jpg

First, let's talk about 225572, and the Invoice shown below. It's a routine car, but with California Evap Control which I found interesting, and it would cost you $14 per car. I doubt that was popular with the buyers back then.

Anyway, here's my take on the invoice: You can see that the Invoice price was $5432.90. Ink notes indicate a List of $6879, minus "Brass?" of $1446 (trade-in?) which brought the "Floor" to $5433, minus $139 for Hold/Back (which you can also see below 038 Destination Charge), making the OutTheDoor cost of $5293.70. Does this sound right? Can you spot any other interesting info? What is "VP 5-1-9" in different color ink?

225572 Invoice.jpg

Now, we have 228771 w/ VON 99822 and June Door Date, with its very extensive list of options and the hilariously misspelled PLANT SECUITY stamp. @69CoronetRT has already taught us that the 0422 at the bottom is the date the window sticker was produced (April) vs. the Door Date (June) [Got it right this time @ayilar].

As for the options, I was amazed to SureGrip for $50, and DAZZLED at the cost of the R37 AM/FM Stereo/ 8 Track at $354. Then I thought back to how nobody had 8 Tracks at the time unless they added a Craig unit under the dash....for far less money. I mean....354 bucks? That was a LOT of money. I'll quit speculating about this car, but does anyone agree that such extensive options point to the owner as being the owner of the dealership? I worked at a Plymouth dealership in 74/75 while in college and for sure the owner ordered LOADED cars (including Imps) for himself and his family.

Thoughts, please?

228771 Loaded.png

Last edited:
Anyway, here's my take on the invoice: You can see that the Invoice price was $5432.90. Ink notes indicate a List of $6879, minus "Brass?" of $1446 (trade-in?) which brought the "Floor" to $5433, minus $139 for Hold/Back (which you can also see below 038 Destination Charge), making the OutTheDoor cost of $5293.70. Does this sound right? Can you spot any other interesting info? What is "VP 5-1-9" in different color ink?

Now, we have 228771 w/ VON 99822 and June Door Date, with its very extensive list of options and the hilariously misspelled PLANT SECUITY stamp. @69CoronetRT has already taught us that the 0422 at the bottom is the date the window sticker was produced (April) vs. the Door Date (June) [Got it right this time @ayilar].

List: $6,879.75
- Invoice $5,432.90
Gross $1,446.85 (gross profit)

PLANT SECUITY STEREO STAPE stamps show up on other window stickers.

sec.jpg

Thanks to @Lycidias we have CM27U0C235899 which is currently for sale in Germany. AFAICT, this is the youngest car (thus far in this registry) by VIN.

IMG_3920.png

IMG_3919.jpeg

Last edited:
Back