The Hurst Registry

July 22 Registry Update

Many thanks to 69CoronetRT for providing twenty [20!] pics of Hurst F-Tags. nineteen of which were not already in the Registry. He also provided about ten pics of Door Stickers, all of which nicely confirmed date info that I already had. His information is in Yellow. Minor editorial and explanatory changes are in Tan.

Among other things, Coronet schooled me on the VON "batches" that he has researched for other package cars like 'Birds, Daytonas and the 69 A12s. We know that batches of white 300s with Imperial interiors went to Hurst and came back transformed. But did they always come back in the same batches. Did some VINs get scrapped because of a production issue like poor panel welds that didn't pass inspection, but the VONs lived on. Or didn't live on, either of which could account for the gaps we've seen. Look at 186865 with a Door date of April, but the next VIN 196872, seven cars later, has a date of March. Huh? Of course, we're FAR from having enough data to make any conclusions about anything. But it's kinda fun to speculate on it.

Here's some fun: Look at the earliest VON and the last VON. 945-450=495 cars. Do we have a nearly full span of VONs now? Are there 485 or 501 Hursts? Incidentally, the VIN spread for 300's during the Hurst run is about 39935 cars, as far as the data currently shows.

Now, does anyone have any info on a VIN that looks to be 196653, with a VON of J99125 or 128? The car has Cruise and a beautiful engine compartment. I have a photo of it from someplace, but when you zoom on the F-tag it gets too grainy to puzzle out the numbers, so I haven't included it in the list. Be on the lookout, please!

1721694484296.jpeg

July 22 Registry Update

Many thanks to 69CoronetRT for providing twenty [20!] pics of Hurst F-Tags. nineteen of which were not already in the Registry. He also provided about ten pics of Door Stickers, all of which nicely confirmed date info that I already had. His information is in Yellow. Minor editorial and explanatory changes are in Tan.

Among other things, Coronet schooled me on the VON "batches" that he has researched for other package cars like 'Birds, Daytonas and the 69 A12s. We know that batches of white 300s with Imperial interiors went to Hurst and came back transformed. But did they always come back in the same batches. Did some VINs get scrapped because of a production issue like poor panel welds that didn't pass inspection, but the VONs lived on. Or didn't live on, either of which could account for the gaps we've seen. Look at 186865 with a Door date of April, but the next VIN 196872, seven cars later, has a date of March. Huh? Of course, we're FAR from having enough data to make any conclusions about anything. But it's kinda fun to speculate on it.

Here's some fun: Look at the earliest VON and the last VON. 945-450=495 cars. Do we have a nearly full span of VONs now? Are there 485 or 501 Hursts? Incidentally, the VIN spread for 300's during the Hurst run is about 39935 cars, as far as the data currently shows.

Now, does anyone have any info on a VIN that looks to be 196653, with a VON of J99125 or 128? The car has Cruise and a beautiful engine compartment. I have a photo of it from someplace, but when you zoom on the F-tag it gets too grainy to puzzle out the numbers, so I haven't included it in the list. Be on the lookout, please!

View attachment 673958
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to see somone is pulling together and consolidating the data. It's needed.

204114. That's a coding quirk due to the Jefferson plant tag layout and coding protocols. You will find other examples. It simply means we do not know which radio was ordered with the car from the data on the tag.

"Radio Delete" is an incorrect term as radios were not standard. While not common, cars were ordered without radios. That car appears to be one example. Others exist.

July 22 Registry Update

(…) Look at the earliest VON and the last VON. 945-450=495 cars. Do we have a nearly full span of VONs now? Are there 485 or 501 Hursts? Incidentally, the VIN spread for 300's during the Hurst run is about 39935 cars, as far as the data currently shows.
@marko — do you how many 300 were made for MY 1970?

Back