71 Sport Fury GT

Nope,... it's the exact opposite.
I've been closely monitoring C Bodies for 15 years. They are rarely represented at high end auctions. At large events like Carlisle and Moparfest actual show quality cars are well under 10% of the total. A 6 pack Fury GT is the exception that proves the rule. Where is this 30K + market for our cars? "They are mostly sold privately and not on public sale." sounds like the tiny market I was referring to.

On this board perhaps but generally in the hobby I doubt it..

Fred a SFGT is a different kind of animal compared to other C-bodies.
Plymouth used to adverise back in the day with the Rapid Transit system.
This included the Duster, Cuda, RR, GTX and SFGT.

There are some guys out there willing to buy a SFGT for their RTS (Rapid Transit System) collection to complete it ie.

These guys aren't typical C-body guys as most.
But Mopar Muscle car collectors.

I am am familiar with some of those as I am into the 68-71 B-bodys, too.

A lot of these guys don't care much for the rest of the C-Bodies though.

Carsten

Fred a SFGT is a different kind of animal compared to other C-bodies.
Plymouth used to adverise back in the day with the Rapid Transit system.
This included the Duster, Cuda, RR, GTX and SFGT.

There are some guys out there willing to buy a SFGT for their RTS (Rapid Transit System) collection to complete it ie.

These guys aren't typical C-body guys as most.
But Mopar Muscle car collectors.

I am am familiar with some of those as I am into the 68-71 B-bodys, too.

A lot of these guys don't care much for the rest of the C-Bodies though.

Carsten
Carsten: Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like a niche market and the general rule still applies to C Bodies.

all coin aside...how can ya not loveim :D....unscrupulous photo drop...:rolleyes:

20170825_201643.jpg

dark green in combination with white makes it looking better as if it would be all green or combined with black

Carsten

I was basing my answer on values Fury Pursuit gave above
"Restored/Show quality: $25,000-45,000 DOC"
You are correct a restoration would easily be in the six figures, but would never sell for that.
I went through the restoration expense on this car.
View attachment 140676

And I am currently going through it on this car
View attachment 140677

Well. . . Its about damned timed you showed us some pictures! :poke:

I'm having a major drool attack looking at that '64 Dodge. Very cool. And that 4-door New Yorker ain't too shabby either. Mighty fine!

Last edited:
So since it's not a GT what's it worth? Original color? Buckets? Console? It was a 360 now 440.....How much body work?

So since it's not a GT what's it worth? Original color? Buckets? Console? It was a 360 now 440.....How much body work?
I'm not sure about the color, it does have buckets and console, he said there had been some body work in the quarters. I didn't look too close after I found out it wasn't a GT.

I'm not sure about the color, it does have buckets and console, he said there had been some body work in the quarters. I didn't look too close after I found out it wasn't a GT.
He claimed the motor was the correct year, he did not say if it was an HP motor. He also said it was put together with all NOS parts. He wanted 22K for the car.

Stick around here, I think you can do better for the price. I take it you are not looking to restore, but to get into something that is done?

Back