For Sale 72 Newport for Auction / BarrettJackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

IwannaImp

Reaction score
Contact seller
Right now bid is only 100.00 w/ about 21 hours left.

1972 CHRYSLER NEWPORT 4 DOOR H... Auctions Online | Proxibid

upload_2016-6-22_10-29-29.png
upload_2016-6-22_10-29-40.png
upload_2016-6-22_10-29-57.png

so does anyone think this could be a good indicator or C body prices these days, being that it's at BJ and (in theory) maybe some of the high rollers would be bidding?

From my understanding, B-J has lots of outdoor auction areas for 'lesser' cars, and only the big$$ cars go thru the tented areas and get publicity.

IMHO this car is not at all an indicator that C-bodies will be heading to the B-J showcase, there will be very few C-bodies in the hands of high rollers, with exception to SFGTs, TNT Chryslers, and certain 4-speed Cs. And even then, high-rollers aren't flocking to them. And certainly not to 'standard' 4-doors like this, regardless of how nice they are. Just IMO.

I suspect this listing above is just something for B-J to expand its presence for more revenue. Most any business that starts out as a niche eventually dilutes itself to more-standard product offerings as its novelty and exclusiveness start to erode.

Misguided effort on the part of the seller. Isn't even able to read the New Yorker script on the side of the car and thinks it shifts 4 times when he drives it?!! Thinks he found a gem, and while it is nice, it isn't the kind of car that will do well at Barrett Jackson, IMO.

thank you for a "serious" answer......Geez.....
I gave you a cavalier answer to your cavalier question.
From Day 1 you've been obsessed with picking everyone's brain on Fuselage values and and that's all you seem to want to focus on.
Feels like ten years from now you'll still be picking our brains on this.
Time to take a crap or get off the pot.
Geez...

that's what its worth right now in this deal it seems.

last year, or a year from now, it might have been/be a different deal. or might have been/be the same. ya just dont know with these things for goods that are relatively infrequently traded and could vary widely in quality.

but TO ME, $4,500 seems "light" for this car. i would have guessed it would have done two or three grand higher.

Last edited:
I gave you a cavalier answer to your cavalier question.
From Day 1 you've been obsessed with picking everyone's brain on Fuselage values and and that's all you seem to want to focus on.
Feels like ten years from now you'll still be picking our brains on this.
Time to take a crap or get off the pot.
Geez...
well, thanks for being such a nice welcoming member of the community, sir. I sure hope the rest of the guys don't have your terrible attitude. Someone told me there wasn't any stupid questions. Maybe there are stupid answers. Besides, sir, why can't you just ignore my posts? Is that asking too much? any other feel this way about this guy?

well, thanks for being such a nice welcoming member of the community, sir. I sure hope the rest of the guys don't have your terrible attitude. Someone told me there wasn't any stupid questions. Maybe there are stupid answers. Besides, sir, why can't you just ignore my posts? Is that asking too much? any other feel this way about this guy?

I missed Stan when he was on vacation, so I suppose I don't feel that way. I hate forums where no one ever gets called out. Boooring.

By this point, anyone who has been around this forum should have at least a vague idea what these cars are worth.

If was a noob, had no mechanical/restoration skills and lived near this car (so I wouldn't have to ship), I think $4500 is a good deal. But since I can fix things, I could buy a "more desirable" car for less money.

That's always an X-factor when it comes to value. If you cant/dont do some of the required work, you buy the nicest car within your budget, even if that means settling for a great example of a 4dr sedan.

Although I could afford just about any C-body I want in perfect shape, even the "desirable" cars, I don't buy them in mint condition for top dollar. I buy desirable in less-than-perfect shape, add some amount of sweat-equity and then flip them after I've had my fun.

I bought my '66 Imp convertible for $7500. Spent a few hundred on missing chrome parts (finding them out in AZ was fun). Spent a could days repairing butchered wiring and HVAC vacuum lines (also my kinda fun). At the end of this, the car was much better, but the paint was still fairly lousy. I still enjoyed riding around all summer with the top down. So I put it on eBay took my $2k profit and said "goodbye". I like to taste a little bit of everything and don't get too heavily invested into one car, with a few exceptions... perhaps my '61 Imperial or my '79 Magnum. Even those I might sell eventually, but they'll get full restos first.

So what you should spend $8000 on is probably something I wouldn't touch for more than $2500. A man has to know his limitations.

I'll happy to oblige you, then. I just feel bad that you keep throwing car after car after car out there for everbody to evaluate for you and when you finally show a car that all the members like, you'll immediately snatch that up and and claim as your find.
Find what tugs at all your senses and stop worrying about other people.
If I had done that, I never would have had a car to start.
I'm trying to help you leave the nest and enjoy flying.

I'll happy to oblige you, then. I just feel bad that you keep throwing car after car after car out there for everbody to evaluate for you and when you finally show a car that all the members like, you'll immediately snatch that up and and claim as your find.
Find what tugs at all your senses and stop worrying about other people.
If I had done that, I never would have had a car to start.
I'm trying to help you leave the nest and enjoy flying.
well, thanks for the comments, but i dont know what you mean about the "snatching" business. Anyway, I got the message either way.

well, thanks for the comments, but i dont know what you mean about the "snatching" business. Anyway, I got the message either way.
All I'm saying is find THE car that calls out to you and everybody else be damned.
When it does, you'll probably overpay for it and it will be worth every penny.
Use Carsten/F7plumcrazy as a role model.:)

All I'm saying is find THE car that calls out to you and everybody else be damned.
When it does, you'll probably overpay for it and it will be worth every penny.
Use Carsten/F7plumcrazy as a role model.:)
ok, thank you, sir....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back