8th Annual C Body Show - June 22nd

Tim, I'm super bummed I couldn't make the show, but the car gods weren't smiling down upon me. My radiator bit the dust while on the way to my hotel. I didn't know until it was too late. The engine is toast, and I'll be towing it home to sit with my other dead cars. At least we got to hang out at Wyatt's on Friday, and I enjoyed the drive in from Minnesota.

PXL_20240622_091339863.jpg

Tim, I'm super bummed I couldn't make the show, but the car gods weren't smiling down upon me. My radiator bit the dust while on the way to my hotel. I didn't know until it was too late. The engine is toast, and I'll be towing it home to sit with my other dead cars. At least we got to hang out at Wyatt's on Friday, and I enjoyed the drive in from Minnesota.

View attachment 667482
Dead Dodge garage.

Time to post a few photos and, more importantly, to make a SUPER THANK YOU to @sixpkrt for organizing this show. He spent a ton of effort and quite a bit of his own dough to make this 8th show a success, and the result was just fantastic. In addition, he also ordered the perfect weather: sun to see the cars, cloud cover and a strong breeze to keep things pleasant driving to and from the show, and even a couple of very short showers to cool things off when outside temperatures started going up.

Here are a few photos that I took.

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

Last edited:
There were lots of great cars at the show. I have a weak spot for @sixpkrt 's U-code 1971 NYer. That car is simply gorgeous.

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

Last edited:
@73 New Yorker set up a nice tent, which was great as protection from the sun and, later, the rain. Here it is behind his 1973 NYB, flanked by Poppy (my 1970 Polara 'vert) and by @david hill 's 19760 300 Hurst.

IMG_2934.jpg

Finally, there is tons of cool public transportation stuff to see at the Union Museum. Here are two restored trolley busses that moved smoothly and super-quietly across the grounds.

IMG_2923 2.jpg

Wish I could have been there. Doing brakes and getting ready to do wheel bearings today.
The feeling is mutual. The silver lining is it was really nice to have seen you at the shop on Friday night.

The absence of @cbarge was expected but he was also sorely missed. We’ll have to find a way to go and see him in Ontario…

The feeling is mutual. The silver lining is it was really nice to have seen you at the shop on Friday night.

The absence of @cbarge was expected but he was also sorely missed. We’ll have to find a way to go and see him in Ontario…

Then go to Moparfest. Anyone who hasn't gone is missing out.

Then go to Moparfest. Anyone who hasn't gone is missing out.
Would be great but not gonna happen as long as I’ve got other fish to fry (literally) at that time of the year.

Too bad. I was blown away at the uniqueness of the cars there compared to here. Just something different about them.

Now that tugged on the heart strings. Thank you.

Come on down to Kingston! Lol!
Kingston is a great central location between Toronto,Ottawa, Montreal, and Syracuse NY
ALL are within 2-3 hours drive.
We have a strong car culture here too!
(I may have some bad influence in that dept!)

Tim, as always you put on a great show. I wish my health was better, I miss all of you. Lets pray for next year. Bill
We missed you too. Sad to know that health is the reason why you did not come.

You may like the CATL plan that @fury fan and I are putting together for September 7 — it should work well for you. Stay tuned, and keep getting better meanwhile.

I want to thank everyone for coming out to the Illinois Railway Museum for the 8th annual C Body Show. Par for the course, we endured another wet day for the show, but I was happy to see not everyone chose not to be there.

My last count on Saturday had us at 20 cars & wagons parked in the grassy field at IRM. A good portion of the folks up north of us in Wisconsin who had registered or planned on attending the show were experiencing some really severe weather just north of the Illinois border, which more than likely kept them from making the journey this year. When I was checking, the forecast in Union seemed to constantly change every hour, preceding the time of the show. I had no idea what kind of weather we were going to expect.

The night before the show, I made it out to Rockford stayed a while after Scott had arrived at Wyatt’s shop for a pre-show get-together. It’s unfortunate the 66 Polara gave Scott problems and whole new set decision to make attending to his car’s unexpected issues.

At the show we had some 1st time attendees, who drove in with a 65 and an 81 Imperial, a 70 T&C, a 77 Monaco, a 66 Sport Fury and a 72 Fury cop car and 75 Monaco Blues Mobile, both of which were owned by the same couple. A couple our regular attendees came to the event with their new rides to show this year were David with his 70 300 Hurst, and Manny with his 70 S/23.

Even though the weather didn’t cooperate as much as I hoped it would, on a bright note I believe everyone who was still there at 2PM when we had the annual raffle drawings, I’m pretty sure just about everyone walked away with a prize or two, which was a nice way to end the show.

Afterwards, a bunch of us headed over the Clasen’s Tavern for some food and beverages. By the time we left the rain had started up again, which made for a slow drive home.

The following day, I took the 71 New Yorker to the Fox Lake Mopar Show and met up with a bunch of the guys from the day before who stayed to attend this event. When they announced the awards, David walked away with 1st place for his 300 Hurst. Steve won with his 70 Polara convertible, Chad took home an award for his 81 Imperial, and Tom took home an award for his 70 T&C in the wagon class. Congrats on the well-deserved awards.
Some picks I took, including the group shot.....

20240622_142915.jpg

20240622_150726.jpg

20240622_111214_resized.jpg

20240622_111142_resized.jpg

20240622_111125_resized.jpg
20240622_111133_resized.jpg

20240622_111321_resized.jpg

20240622_111229_resized.jpg
20240622_111450_resized.jpg

20240622_111105_resized.jpg

Back