8th Annual C Body Show - June 22nd

Hooter's not a bad idea, but if anyone doesn't want to drive to Rockford from Union after the show, I'd suggest we invade Clasen Tavern in downtown Union after the show.
They've been serving great food and drinks since 1900.
Been there many a times and it's 2 minutes from the IRM.
They've got an outdoor beer patio, good music and a wait staff that will keep your glass full. Not a trendy or yuppie kind of place. They even have live music on the weekends with no cover.

I will have to consider trying to get there again this year. Although TN might get in my way. My daughter is moving down there to be a flight attendant, with a likely July 1 move in. I am sure my moving services will be required meaning a 16 hour drive down there with a load of crap. Will know more when she signs a lease.

Marty, I just moved my daughter to Newark DE.
Rented a 1 way 16' truck and trailer to tow her car, from Penske, and made non stop drive in 15 hours.
Also used "Hire a Helper" a moving company who finds local movers for hire, who would meet us after we got to DE to carry everything up the 3 flights of stairs to her apartment.
They charged $200/hr, but to me, it was worth paying the money over getting a back injury at my age.
They were done in 2 hrs.
Flew back from Philly to O'Hare to finish the trip.

Marty, I just moved my daughter to Newark DE.
Rented a 1 way 16' truck and trailer to tow her car, from Penske, and made non stop drive in 15 hours.
Also used "Hire a Helper" a moving company who finds local movers for hire, who would meet us after we got to DE to carry everything up the 3 flights of stairs to her apartment.
They charged $200/hr, but to me, it was worth paying the money over getting a back injury at my age.
They were done in 2 hrs.
Flew back from Philly to O'Hare to finish the trip.
Doing the way you did is worth the expense, saving agravation.
Still cheaper than going to Carlisle!! Lol!

Question: There was/is a barbeque All-U-Can-Eat restaurant in Union about 15 years or so ago.... It was fantastic! Just wondering if they're still operating/open.... However, I cannot remember the name of it! I thought somebody here might know the place?

The only other place I've dined at in Union has been Checkers .
They have BBQ ribs, but don't remember the "all you can eat" part.
It's a block away from Clasens.
Edit: DT Union makes up about 3 blocks total

Hooter's not a bad idea, but if anyone doesn't want to drive to Rockford from Union after the show, I'd suggest we invade Clasen Tavern in downtown Union after the show.
They've been serving great food and drinks since 1900.
Been there many a times and it's 2 minutes from the IRM.
They've got an outdoor beer patio, good music and a wait staff that will keep your glass full. Not a trendy or yuppie kind of place. They even have live music on the weekends with no cover.
If I do attend the show I'm for sure making it a weekend. There is no way I'm doing a 700 mile-ish round trip in one day.

Registered!

IMG_6685.jpeg

Thirteen days since the C Body show was posted, we now have 9 cars with 16 people registered, with 85 days to go.

Well folks..its official.
I start my new job April 15th..
So no holidays for a year, no long distancs car shows.
I will miss this years show, but looking into the future things will be better for me personally.
Post lots of pics and vids for me....
See a'all in Tennessee!

Back