A sucker for the Underdawg, was given an overwieght 59, but love the lines...

Just an idea. I saw this on Fast and Loud. They left the surface rust on the car and just sanded it smooth and shot clear over it. Looked really good IMO. It was a 59 Rambler wagon. Heres a few pics of it and damn close to yours. I would drive it everyday. I really like this car.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the site,,and I love your new project,I call that one a white elephant which I always seem to find myself,you may never find all the pieces you need so just make do or customize it as I have had to do on a couple of my own white elephants,good luck

I call them pathetic con men that insult the intelligence of anybody with an IQ higher than an avocado.
I wish I had the ballz to be like that but I just can't.

I think they're hilarious too, some of my favorite mindless entertainment on the tube.

Just keep telling yourself "It's only a sitcom, It's only a sitcom, It's only....."

I call them pathetic con men that insult the intelligence of anybody with an IQ higher than an avocado.

I'm not trying to persuade you, but the mechanics IMO are top notch. Yeah the show does go over board with builds, but it is a cool show and entertaining IMO. Plus they have some hotties on there. It's better than watching One CAR Too Far. Now that show was pathetic and a joke.

Now back to the original post! Looking forward to seeing your car come to life..! I wish I owned it.

I wanted to ask and really don't know these wagons to well. The holes in the rear bumper,..are they exhaust ports? If so, that is so cool. I'm really liking your car.

It's funny how different people can see the same thing and digest it differently.
Me I see some American kids busting *** taking chances and making a decent living doing it. The only thing I don't like about shows like Fast and Loud is they make it hard for me to buy cars to fix, drive and yes even sell. Now everyone with a old car thinks it is worth retail or finished prices. What they (the car owners) don't take into account is the amount of capital needed to get it there, tooling, knowledge, materials and the cost of the space to do the work.
I'm always amazed that my clients will ***** about 100 dollars for a hand made holster. But if you figure what it cost me to make it it's a deal after materials, tools, and labor @ about 4.5 hrs from start to finish. They are a lot of things but I don't think "Con Artists" is one of them. Of course this is just my opinion and worth every penny you paid me for it.

Last edited:
That wagon looks it will be worth putting on the road. Good luck to you. When you get tired of it someone here would like to finish it!

Disk brake conversion?

Anyone done, or heard of this?
however, any fifth avenue, diplomat, etc will work. i have a simirarly equipped sedan and the brakes were rough to say the least, so i opted just to up-grade. the donor car i picked up for $100 was an '89 police diplomat (11" discs, 11" drums). wheels i used were the 15" off of the '89. the spidles were an exact fit, some mix-matching on the tie-rod ends and it still needs some alignment done but for the most part easy bolt-in. same ball joints, the tie-rod ends r slightly different on the bolt porsion, but is only hight, diameter is same. removed non-power assist of and plate behind it on '59 and used the donor car. still working out minor kinks. removed original studs, new p/b fit perfect. on the inside could only access 3 out of 4 studs to install nuts, will try the other one later. the push-rod from the pedal too short, used some 2x2 angle-iron i had laying around too lengthen. rear end fit perfect, same length, u-joint and spring positions. also robbed rear sway off of '89, still need to install but appears like it will work. '89 springs wouldn't work, front eyelet too long. i used majority of original pluming and added compression style connectors where needed. had to attach rubber hose brackets, which unbolted from donor, then was welded onto frame. don't forget the proportioning valve, or the rear brakes will lock up. i attached mine on the wheel-well. one last thing, mine had not power anything so it had no vaccum connection other than to distibutor for timing(1/8 line). mine also has the 230 i-6. i just tapped into the timed vaccum, it will work temp. good boost at 2000 rpm, little to no at idle. will work out all finor fit and performance kinks during tear-down next year. doing away with original i-6 anyways. i would recommend this set-up to anyone on a budget. junkers r plentiful and cheap, new parts r same.

Ok, so have 89 donor so going to give the disk swap a try. Started cleaning out car, found some trim, looks like only 2 pieces missing atm. Found the tail light sockets,and 2 more tail light bezels, and lenses woot! Crawled through working to get glass down to open tail gate. There are 3 largish holes i see so far in front floors, rear compartment seems secure. Dang this is a large boat...lol

Wow, hard to believe I can't find a radiator when from 57 to 65 Fury would work....but will keep looking before I have one made...
Go to the forward look site and post a free wanted ad. Lots of guys there have parts cars. Look for "big John", He has a FL salvage yard and reasonable prices.

Back