Admin help - help find a thread

I found this the other day after an extensive google search and wanted to save it for the future since I bought this car in Jan - I am researching to put the last few remaining pieces together. I cut and pasted this link so I know it is accurate, but when I try to pull it back up, says not found.

Big old '48 Crown Imperial
HELLO FOLKS?! May I please get some help?

I found this the other day after an extensive google search and wanted to save it for the future since I bought this car in Jan - I am researching to put the last few remaining pieces together. I cut and pasted this link so I know it is accurate, but when I try to pull it back up, says not found.

SERIOUSLY - 137 views ZERO replies?

The link works for me, just like your other thread.

If you want to save the link, hit the "watch" button.

The link worked for me. Possibly a problem with your browser? Or something, I'm not much of a computer guy.
Screenshot_20240830-131645.png

Link works for me. I fixed this a few days ago. The thread is open for comments. I just tagged you so you should get a notification which will take you right to the last post.

How many threads do you need Thomas. All of us but you are seeing the thread with the link you provided. The thread is open and I even responded with @thomasrc so you would get a notification.

I answered your other thread. No need to keep starting new threads. I don't know what is going on at your end but everyone here that has tried your link is opening the thread.

I answered your other thread. No need to keep starting new threads. I don't know what is going on at your end but everyone here that has tried your link is opening the thread.
Thank you, I only asked again after no replies. Seemed like over 125 views and no answer was odd. I tried & it worked this time, twice before no luck. I asked on another post about an old seller and if anybody knew of the details. That was after I had been digging around the internet for hours - got a pretty testy reply. Just trying to connect with some good peeps here who love old Chryslers….not feeling the warm, welcome vibes.

Thank you, I only asked again after no replies. Seemed like over 125 views and no answer was odd. I tried & it worked this time, twice before no luck. I asked on another post about an old seller and if anybody knew of the details. That was after I had been digging around the internet for hours - got a pretty testy reply. Just trying to connect with some good peeps here who love old Chryslers….not feeling the warm, welcome vibes.
I'll answer this.

When most of us see a thread asking about how things work, we sit back and wait for someone like @Toolmanmike to answer. They will give the best answer as sometimes there is "behind the scenes" type forum maintenance going on. Like the thread was deleted or something like that. So, we'll look but let the guys do their job.

Sometimes they don't get to it, because after all, they don't spend all their time here. Then maybe someone will try to help. I saw you were getting frustrated and wondered what was up. The link worked for me (and others), so there we were.

Mike came along, saw the same thing and I think he tried to help. I don't think he or anyone was being "testy", but it is frustrating if there's 3 threads addressing the same thing. If you think he was (or me for that matter as I did answer) being "testy", I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

We have a great bunch of guys here. We let Mike think he's running things and we humor him when he says something about rules. He's an A body guy and you know how they are... LOL... Just kidding. Just about everyone here will try to help, but understand that wink and a smile doesn't come across on a forum like real life.

We are some good peeps who love old Chryslers. A lot of us are old and cranky too, kind of like our cars, but we mean well.

I'll answer this.

When most of us see a thread asking about how things work, we sit back and wait for someone like @Toolmanmike to answer. They will give the best answer as sometimes there is "behind the scenes" type forum maintenance going on. Like the thread was deleted or something like that. So, we'll look but let the guys do their job.

Sometimes they don't get to it, because after all, they don't spend all their time here. Then maybe someone will try to help. I saw you were getting frustrated and wondered what was up. The link worked for me (and others), so there we were.

Mike came along, saw the same thing and I think he tried to help. I don't think he or anyone was being "testy", but it is frustrating if there's 3 threads addressing the same thing. If you think he was (or me for that matter as I did answer) being "testy", I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

We have a great bunch of guys here. We let Mike think he's running things and we humor him when he says something about rules. He's an A body guy and you know how they are... LOL... Just kidding. Just about everyone here will try to help, but understand that wink and a smile doesn't come across on a forum like real life.

We are some good peeps who love old Chryslers. A lot of us are old and cranky too, kind of like our cars, but we mean well.
Exactly. Thanks .

Back