All models that carry the c body frame.

Joshua Davis

Reaction score
I have a 67 Plymouth fury and I need a front sub frame so I am trying to find out every model and year that Mopar made that had the C body frame so I could find a for my car.

The short answer is that the stub frames from 1965 to at least 1970 are practically identical. There are some dimensions on the '65 and '66 frames that differ by 1/16 inch vs the later years. I don't know if it was 1969 or 1970 that the stubs got short extensions on the back for additional body mounting points with rubber isolators. Based on the diagrams I've seen, if you cut those extensions off you have a typical slab frame.

But you probably don't want a '65 stub because it will have different engine mounting perches compared to all other years. But if that's all you can find, I think there are adapters for that to mount a small or big block.

One difference between Plymouth and Dodge/Chrysler is that the Fury's had 44 inch torsion bars vs 47 inch for Dodge/Chrysler. That difference turns up on the stub as short extensions for the rear torsion bar sockets. Your car might have those extensions (and hence have 47" bars) - I don't know but I would bet it has the shorter bars (and no extensions). All that means is that if you have the shorter bars and you find a stub with the extensions then you'll need to also get a set of longer bars.

The diagrams for the Plymouth stubs show a V8 and a 6-cylinder (slant-6) version, I'm guessing you have a V8 (318, 383, etc) so you won't want a stub with slant-6 mounts. I can post some stub diagrams here if you want.

Just wanted to add this (and @70monaco might want to confirm this) -

@70monaco recently posted a pic of a stub from a '70 Newyorker.

Here is something I had on file that I got from looking through various factory service manuals. This diagram being from the '70 Monaco-Polara FSM:

1970 Monaco stub.gif

Note the areas in the green circles. In the '70 NY stub they are clearly larger and designed for isolation bushings. But the diagram for the '70 Monaco doesn't seem to show these larger holes, and the mounting hole for the rad support looks different (different size, different position).

Just wanted to add this (and @70monaco might want to confirm this) -

@70monaco recently posted a pic of a stub from a '70 Newyorker.

[/URL]

Here is something I had on file that I got from looking through various factory service manuals. This diagram being from the '70 Monaco-Polara FSM:

View attachment 689162

Note the areas in the green circles. In the '70 NY stub they are clearly larger and designed for isolation bushings. But the diagram for the '70 Monaco doesn't seem to show these larger holes, and the mounting hole for the rad support looks different (different size, different position).
On the 70 newyorker stub frame the mounting holes for the rad support has the same 40 11/16" spacing. The 67" dimension seems to be approx 67.625". Hard for me to measure as it is on my hoist atm with my challenger parked under it.as far as the other holes mentioned i looked at an old post of a 70 monaco stub frame pic and it has the larger holes.looks identical to the 70 newyorker.

Back