Are these rockers useable?

MericaMopar

Reaction score
Do these look useable? There are 13 of them (best two are not pictured, they are installed for measuring push rod length), so I still need 3 more for a complete set. These came with the engine i bought to get rebuilt. They are unused except for the two with “TH2+” stamped in them. Some also have a “4” stamped in them. They have been sitting for at least a year, they have some surface discolorations/rust, but no flakes or pits.

Also, anybody know what do the “4” and “TH2+” mean?

Thanks!

IMG_6670.jpeg

IMG_6671.jpeg

IMG_6672.jpeg

Mopar rockers are pretty forgiving, you should be able to reuse them. I suspect that the stamping on some of them are probably because they are aftermarket units, mopar usually did not mark stock ones.

Dave

I'm no expert, but the one I've seen fail had the pushrod push the whole dome off. It left a perfect circle. I would inspect at the base of the dome on all of those.
I've read that over the years, some manufacturers used thinner metal. And it looks to me like the ones you have labeled 2HT+ are thicker than the others.
Also I'd check to make sure the ratio is the same on all of them.

Last edited:
As long as the holes for the shaft arent worn they look fine. I had some thst were badly worn and that was a "clickedy clacky" nightmare haha

Back