Ate in a real restaurant today.

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
First time in months.

They opened up indoor dining a few days ago. We took my grandson to a burger joint and got some tasty burgers.

He was going to my ex wife's house tonight and I saved her a trip and dropped him off at her work. Grabbed some lunch with him. He devoured that half pound burger.

uiHhFF8.jpg

He's 12... He just made the honor role at school. He seems to be doing OK since my son (his dad) passed. He reminds me of him in a lot of ways.... Especially his sense of humor. He loves bad jokes just like my son did.

First time in months.

They opened up indoor dining a few days ago. We took my grandson to a burger joint and got some tasty burgers.

He was going to my ex wife's house tonight and I saved her a trip and dropped him off at her work. Grabbed some lunch with him. He devoured that half pound burger.

View attachment 385665

He's 12... He just made the honor role at school. He seems to be doing OK since my son (his dad) passed. He reminds me of him in a lot of ways.... Especially his sense of humor. He loves bad jokes just like my son did.

A SNACK he says..:thumbsup:

I’m glad to see this and to hear that he’s doing ok. I have a niece and a nephew that lost their dad, my brother in law, and they were 11 and 14 at the time. That hurts for a loooooong time.:(

For a teenager, this is definitely a snack.

Anyone one of us that had teenage boys knows what us dad's are talking about
My son is 12 as well. He hasn't hit that growth spurt and started devouring all the food in the house YET, but we're expecting it any time now.

Spend all the time you can with him!! Or as much as you can afford feeding him anyway...lol
He's at that age where right decisions and mentoring will shape and define him.
Hugs and rustling a hand thru that head of hair will show him how much he is loved and appreciated. Thanks for sharing, precious moments.....

My wife and I agreed to take care of my 2 kid Brothers for the summer back in '65 when we'd driven to SoCal to visit from Denver.. They were 12 and 15 that summer. We entered both of 'um in a summer Base Ball league to keep 'um from becoming too bored in a strange town for two months. (good plan BTW)They'd get dropped off by the school bus every afternoon and head straight for the fridge. Both would crack the folded lid on a fresh 1/2 gallon of OJ and deepthroat it in maybe 12-15 secondz and in my mind I'd ask if they'd ever heard of water. lol ... FUN SUMMER, Jer

Kids that age all have a hollow leg. Veritable eating machines.

Dave
I’ll bet there wasn’t one crumb left on the plate. I have two that live with us. Boy 17, girl 15. I call the boy the walking stomach. Together, they’re like locusts, a lot of noise, eating, and debris afterwards. When the other grandkids (12 thru 7) are visiting, the place looks like a bomb went off after they’ve gone.

I hope your grandson is doing well. It’s important to make him feel supported and loved. These precious moments shape us, giving us beautiful memories with our loved ones. I’ll always remember the last vacation where my entire family was together. We used to take yearly trips with my parents and siblings and that year we went to Germany. We went to visit the castle of King Ludwig II, which inspired Disney’s iconic theme park castles. We stayed in a hotel in Füssen and ate at Restaurant Füssen, which is a restaurant in the hotel. Now I have my own family and we’ve been talking to my husband about visiting the castle again and I hope to experience again the feelings of excitement that I felt back then.

Last edited:
I hope your grandson is doing well. It’s important to make him feel supported and loved.
I saw him on the day before Christmas. He just turned 15 a couple months ago. He's doing well.

It's funny, he's different from my son in many ways, then he'll say something that my son would have said.. Same humor. Makes me smile.

Back