Build Card received from Stellantis today :)

Personally I think ALL the cards are long gone. every one someone has posted is a bad copy probably from an old microfiche scan.
In todays world of digital pictures, scanning and color copies you'd think we'd get copies you could actually read.

This might be the best copy of a 67 card that you can actually read.
View attachment 650131

Alan
Guess I'm going to have to trade in my Fusies for Slabs so I can at least get some history, albeit unreadable.

Personally I think ALL the cards are long gone. every one someone has posted is a bad copy probably from an old microfiche scan
They are gone and all that's left is the microfiche scans. They made that very clear in their email.

I actually have a paper copy from the PO of my Barracuda doing the same exercise with snail mail years ago. The digital copy I got of the same card is heads above the paper version.

Here's the email:

Hello John,

Thank you for your patience while we work through our orders. Attached please find the copy of the build card for your vehicle.

The selling dealer for the VIN, C453147374, was Airport Motors, Inc., located in Jackson Heights, NY.

The selling dealer for the VIN, V855132018, was Stanley Motors, Inc., located in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Please note, we cannot reprint build cards any differently. The build cards were put on microfilm many years before they arrived to the archives. Everything possible has been done to provide you with the best copy from our files. We cannot make the build cards any larger or clearer, than what has been provided to you.

We are also unable to provide the decoding of the build records due to a high volume of requests and limited staffing. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We hope you find this information useful.

They are gone and all that's left is the microfiche scans. They made that very clear in their email.

I actually have a paper copy from the PO of my Barracuda doing the same exercise with snail mail years ago. The digital copy I got of the same card is heads above the paper version.

Here's the email:

Just came across this thread by chance as I had an idea to request a card for my '71. Well, I guess those don't exist per the messages above so I won't bother...unless the file cabinet for fuselage - era cards has been located.

@Big_John , what car is the one starting with "V" above? That dealership, Stanley Motors, is in the neighborhood where I currently live. I remember it being in the uptown location on Monterey Street when I was here attending college. Back in the early 00s, they moved to a location on the south side of town and changed their name to "Cole Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram......Fiat". Same family I believe. The building and lot are still on Monterey Street and have had a variety of tenants since the dealership moved out. The family may still own it, not sure. @Devinism was living in the area too when they were on Monterey.

Stanley Motors.png

Last edited:
@Big_John , what car is the one starting with "V" above? That dealership, Stanley Motors, is in the neighborhood where I currently live. I remember it being in the uptown location on Monterey Street when I was here attending college. Back in the early 00s, they moved to a location on the south side of town and changed their name to "Cole Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram......Fiat". Same family I believe. The building and lot are still on Monterey Street and have had a variety of tenants since the dealership moved out. The family may still own it, not sure. @Devinism was living in there area too when they were on Monterey.
The "V" prefixed car is my '65 Barracuda Formula S.

I have a copy of the Monroney price sticker, but the dealer name is different, but still California. I will dig it out tomorrow and if I can take a good enough pic of it, I'll post it.

xe2ins8.jpg

@73Coupe

Here's the pics of the copy of the Monroney sticker for my Barracuda. This came with the car. The PO is a member here ( @roadcuda ) and he got it from another PO when he bought the car.

Here's where it gets weird. The selling dealer is listed as Viking Motors in Santa Maria, CA on this sheet and the assembly plant is listed as Detroit. Chrysler Historical says Stanley and the VIN shows Los Angeles for assembly. Everything else does jive with my car. As you can see, it's a pretty well equipped car for an A body.

I'm thinking this was something made up somewhere in the car's history. I also have the broadcast sheet and a quality sheet from the LA plant, so I'm sure the car was built in LA.

IliybNn.jpg

8cpWYGo.jpg

I'm thinking this was something made up somewhere in the car's history. I also have the broadcast sheet and a quality sheet from the LA plant, so I'm sure the car was built in LA.

IliybNn.jpg

8cpWYGo.jpg
It was. It contains information and formatting not found on other original window stickers.

Thanks!

I've been meaning to run it by you... It hasn't been a priority as I figured it was bogus.
John, that was the best documented car I've owned. Especially the Quality sheet. That is the only one I've seen. And have I told you that's the one car I really regret selling? But I knew you were the best person to sell it to and keep it true to original.

John, that was the best documented car I've owned. Especially the Quality sheet. That is the only one I've seen. And have I told you that's the one car I really regret selling? But I knew you were the best person to sell it to and keep it true to original.
Thanks, I've really tried to make it even better. And yes, I know that you miss the car and I can understand why... It's a great car!

This was the PO's inquiry to Chrysler Historical.

2cKhFfv.jpg

zjyPNTn.jpg

bCRGGJF.jpg

wh9ZQRv.jpg
Excellent info.

I'm not even sure if "Viking Motors" existed or not. I did a little research. The Chrysler dealer in Santa Maria at that time was called Iversens, "Home of the Hiking Viking". The Iversens originally purchased the Dodge dealer in town which was at or near the 200 E. Main Street location in the late '50s, then they built a new dealership on S. Broadway in the early '60s (where Santa Maria Chrysler Dodge Jeep is today). It is possible that they might have retained the old dealership location as a second sales lot, or used car dealership. 200 E. Main is now the Santa Maria Town Center (a shopping mall). It doesn't make sense that a factory fresh car would be delivered to the old location.

Regardless, sounds like a moot point anyways as your documents all make the case that it was delivered and sold here in SLO. If I find any historical photos of Stanley Motors, I'll post 'em.

Perhaps @MrMoparCHP or @Isaiah Estrada know more about the Santa Maria Dealership history.

Last edited:
If I find any hirtorical photos of Stanley Motors, I'll post 'em
That would be fantastic!

For anyone else reading, I'm also looking for any info on Airport Motors in Jackson Heights, NY. I have an address of 78-15 Northern Blvd, but it's an empty Walgreens store now.

@73Coupe

Here's the pics of the copy of the Monroney sticker for my Barracuda. This came with the car. The PO is a member here ( @roadcuda ) and he got it from another PO when he bought the car.

Here's where it gets weird. The selling dealer is listed as Viking Motors in Santa Maria, CA on this sheet and the assembly plant is listed as Detroit. Chrysler Historical says Stanley and the VIN shows Los Angeles for assembly. Everything else does jive with my car. As you can see, it's a pretty well equipped car for an A body.

IliybNn.jpg

8cpWYGo.jpg
Excellent info.

I'm not even sure if "Viking Motors" existed or not. I did a little research. The Chrysler dealer in Santa Maria at that time was called Iversons, "Home of the Hiking Viking". The Iversons originally purchased the Dodge dealer in town which was at or near the 200 E. Main Street location in the late '50s, then they built a new dealership on S. Broadway in the early '60s (where Santa Maria Chrysler Dodge Jeep is today). It is possible that they might have retained the old dealership location as a second sales lot, or used car dealership. 200 E. Main is now the Santa Maria Town Center (a shopping mall). It doesn't make sense that a factory fresh car would be delivered to the old location.

Regardless, sounds like a moot point anyways as your documents all make the case that it was delivered and sold here in SLO. If I find any hirtorical photos of Stanley Motors, I'll post 'em.

Perhaps @MrMoparCHP or @Isaiah Estrada know more about the Santa Maria Dealership history.

Very interesting bits of history and had no idea the car had ties to my hometown / where I still live!

Makes me wonder about my NY. I looked up the VIN and it says it was built at Jefferson but it was sold new in Santa Barbara as far as I can tell... makes me wonder if it was really an LA built car

Here's some old pics of our dealer in Santa Maria.

View attachment 686814

View attachment 686815

View attachment 686816

Here's some old pics of our dealer in Santa Maria.

View attachment 686814

View attachment 686815

View attachment 686816

Cool photos! Even though it appears that Big John's car has "fake ties" to Viking Motors, cool to see that it did indeed exist. I wonder if Viking and Iversen were one in the same...makes sense. I remember seeing the Hiking Viking commercials on local TV years ago.

I got a Neon in 94 from "Iverson" Chrysler Plymouth, not sure when they dropped the name, late 90's/early 2000s

Alan

It was still Iversen when I was a little kid, so sometimes in the Mid 2000's i'd say
I remember doing inventory at both Stanley Motors, and Iversen back in the .......early 90s. Stanley was in the old location, with a treasure trove of NOS parts in a separate second story "loft". I traded obsolete parts with the parts manager (I worked parts at a Chove-it-or-leave-it-ley dealer) who was a Chivvy guy.

I closed my restoration shop and left Santa Maria back in 2005.

Back