Carlisle 2017

Is there a $$ savings by using EZ-Pass.
There used to be a slight savings, but I don't know if there is or not anymore.

The huge advantage is convenience. While everyone else waits in line, you are easing your way through the open toll booth. For some exits, it's no big deal... but if you frequent a busy exit, the easy pass is the way to go. Some places (not in NYS) even have lanes where you don't slow down...

If you ever saw the lines at the last NYS Thruway exit in Buffalo, you would understand just how valuable it is.

Looks like they use a transponder i have to rent and install in car rather than cameras to shoot your license plate. If i used it more than once a year, maybe, it would be worth setting up the awkward payment system. It wouldn't have helped exiting the pike last sat. morning.

If you live on the east coast (Mid-Atlantic area).... you need an EZ pass. There is tolls all over the damn place. If you are a frequent commuter on the tolls (daily for work) there is a significant reduction in tolls if you use it 20 times or more per month. I can pretty much drive from Baltimore to the Wisconsin state line without slowing down....they have EZ pass lanes that don't require you to stop.

Looks like they use a transponder i have to rent and install in car rather than cameras to shoot your license plate. If i used it more than once a year, maybe, it would be worth setting up the awkward payment system. It wouldn't have helped exiting the pike last sat. morning.
It's a transponder... Attaches to the windshield with velcro or to the license plate frame. You can move it from car to car. I have one in all my cars so I don't forget.

You can ever hold it up to the windshield, but they don't like it....

No John, got very ill Friday on the way down. Made it about 100 miles and then had to pull over. Had to sit for about 1/2 hour, then had to drive 25 miles to find a bathroom since a bunch of exits were closed. The return leg was worse. Hope everyone had fun. I DIDN'T.
Nothing worse than a bad case of the shits while out on the highway. Not to mention you can't trust a fart either! Sorry about your illness!

I'm gonna invest in the James Bond rotating license plate with Stan's plate number on one of them. :rofl: Then just zip right through!

In Illinois the I pass is 1/2 the posted toll for cars.
I was bummed I didn't get to meet you too... not that I'm happier that you didn't make it, after my 2 Carlisle experiences, I would say this show is a must do for Mopar fans, and even better if there is anything you might want to dig up in the swap. The amount of stuff I found and didn't buy was pretty good too, but I tried to buy everything Formal I could find.

My apologies to you and @Dobalovr , I had a second chance to steal @Ripinator 's taillights, and failed again... he wouldn't leave me alone near the car on days I had a screwdriver... it was as if he knew...:rolleyes:

I got caught on the Tappan Z bridge. You couldn't fit a smart car between me and the truck in front of me and I'll be damned if they didn't have a picture of the front plate. It would have come back eventually from the bosses plate on the trailer

Back