Cars I Didn't Buy

bajajoaquin

Reaction score
So I've been shopping on and off for something interesting to drive for quite a while now. Sometimes when I come across an ad, I save it on my computer. Sometimes my brother (or someone else) will send me pictures of something they came across. I was looking for my manual in my "cars" folder, and came across some cars I didn't buy.

For no particular reason, I thought I'd show them to you.

IMG_0244-sm.jpg
1964 Olds 98. Low miles, original, black California plates, but a bit rusty. Didn't buy it because it didn't really speak to me, and the timing wasn't right.

00F0F_jxOJB9EV2WF_600x450.jpg
Japanese Domestic Market Toyota diesel 4x4 van. Really considered this one, selling my truck and having this for a camper/commuter. But too much money, and I just wasn't feeling it.

Gotta get back to work. More later. Anyone else have little stashes of pictures of cars they didn't buy?

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0244-sm.jpg

00F0F_jxOJB9EV2WF_600x450.jpg

I have done this a few times myself, i can list a few in no particular order,
66 PLMOUTH BARRACUDA FORMULA S COMPLETE 1000-1.jpg69 RR 5000 ONO-2.jpg73-74 SATELLITE RUST FREE.jpgDSCF1676.jpgDSCF1810.jpgDSCF1906.jpgDSCF1917.jpgDSCF2171.jpgTriumph.jpg

66 PLMOUTH BARRACUDA FORMULA S COMPLETE 1000-1.jpg

69 RR 5000 ONO-2.jpg

73-74 SATELLITE RUST FREE.jpg

DSCF1676.jpg

DSCF1810.jpg

DSCF1906.jpg

DSCF1917.jpg

DSCF2171.jpg

Triumph.jpg

yup...me too. 73' Chrysler Imperial LeBaron. It had all leather interior. Someone else got this right from under me. It's just as well, it was a "parts" car that was still road worthy...very rusty....got more but I have to scan them later.

1973 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 01.jpg

My 1973 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 02 001.jpg

My 1973 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 03 001.jpg

Wollfen I can help fulfill your dream of owning a 66 Barracuda project if that fire still is burning....hint hint.....

M35A2. Winch, full top and bows, really nice truck. And cheap! It's crazy how much truck you can get for the money. But when I looked into California licensing laws, the third axle made it a deal-breaker. I'm now dreaming about making one into a camper for Mexico surf trips because RVs are exempt from the law.

deuce-for-sale1.jpg

deuce-for-sale1.jpg

The Mopar that got away? Lime green AAR Cuda. Guy wanted $8k. I had it. Drove down to Miami to buy, rear carb leaked like a seive. I passed. Couldn't drive it home. That was 1989, my 18th birthday., oops!

M35A2. Winch, full top and bows, really nice truck. And cheap! It's crazy how much truck you can get for the money. But when I looked into California licensing laws, the third axle made it a deal-breaker. I'm now dreaming about making one into a camper for Mexico surf trips because RVs are exempt from the law.

View attachment 28603
They are fun. I've had many. Easy to work on. Terrible turn radius though.

Ok I got one that still hurts. When I was a teen still in school & absolutely no money. A local trany shop had a 64 300J letter car sitting behind the fence for a while. White 2 door. In pretty good shape. This was say 1978 or so. So after a month I stopped & talked to the guy. He said the customer left it because he couldn't afford the bill to repair the push button trans. $400.00 Guy said pay the bill & the car is yours. My dad who is a GM guy & could care less about a classic car would not loan me a dime towards it. After another month or so it was gone. So I stopped again & the guy said he sold the 413 to a drag racer & hauled the body to a crusher. He got his $400.00 & maybe a little more from the crusher. 1 less 300 J .

View attachment 28603

Pull the front drive axel have longer driveshaft made, of course they are a Hendricks walking beam rear suspension, nevermind harder than that.

I have 3 I'm sorry to say. 1967 GTX 440 with rod knock perfect body $400.... Dad would have shot me if I brought home one more car. 69 Daytona 383 pistol grip, wing, nosecone, great shape 10yrs old. $1900 ... didn't have two nickels to rub together. 58 300 D beautiful original condition $1800.... see above, no scratch.

Pull the front drive axel have longer driveshaft made, of course they are a Hendricks walking beam rear suspension, nevermind harder than that.

You can bob one. Take another set of front springs and move them to the back (now) single axle.

Wollfen I can help fulfill your dream of owning a 66 Barracuda project if that fire still is burning....hint hint.....

Hmm, what ya trying to say bob? I don't suppose you might have a 66 barracuda by any chance? Maybe?

Hmm, what ya trying to say bob? I don't suppose you might have a 66 barracuda by any chance? Maybe?

How did you know? You would look good crusing to all those ECU football games in a 66 Cuda! You could even turn on the A/C on those warm days.

View attachment 28603

They are fun. I've had many. Easy to work on. Terrible turn radius though.

I've had thousands of these........you forgot to mention it has a turbo.

I've been holding off on this story. Everyone would think it's bullchit.

The one of 55 RO's...
455 miles. 4 speed.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
I panicked and choked.
Repeat 9 smileys above.

This one has been covered in another thread, but I also considered this one. But it just didn't look nice enough to push the buttons for me. I don't mean condition, I mean... well I don't know what I mean.

00M0M_h4MOOlP6EXk_600x450.jpg

00M0M_h4MOOlP6EXk_600x450.jpg

'70 Torino Cobra with the Dragpak, owner was buying an ENCO station and wanted someone to take over the $2200 note. When your 16 no bank in the world is letting you pick up a note on your own. BTW the insurance monthly payments were2.5 times the care note.
70 Hemi Charger bank repo had wiring issues, I sold everything I could went back to be told that the bank presidents 16 year old son thought it was cool and his dad had decided to buy it. Left me wishing I had the '65 Coronet back I just sold to finance the charger.
'72 454 Corvette, could not get the dealer to take my '64 Olds Starfire on trade.

Back