Cars I Didn't Buy

Pull the front drive axel have longer driveshaft made, of course they are a Hendricks walking beam rear suspension, nevermind harder than that.

Yeah, but part of the reason for having one is that it's a 6x6. Okay, that's really the only reason for having one.

More...........

70' Plymouth Duster 340..cool car, 340s run like sexualy molested apes....
68' Dodge Coronet 500...I was lukewarm on this car cause I'm not big into verts 383...Nice, but I chose to move on.
72' Dodge Challenger 340...way out my budget
72' Dodge Charger.....like this alot, parked on the side of a gas station in Berlin Nj. Came back next day it was gone.
70' Plymouth Fury..nothing special, just a clean c body
72' Monaco (I think)....I loved the front end. I waited in the parking lot for the owner to appear but in 4-5hr he never did. I had to go. Of course that night it was gone.
69' Plymouth RR......just stopped to look at...chatted with the guy. I wasn't serious about it, I don't like taking other guy's hot rods. And the hood......noway.

More later

70dUSTER.jpg

68SATTY04.jpg

68SATTY03.jpg

68SATTY01.jpg

72Challenger.jpg

72Charger.jpg

70Fury.jpg

72MONACO.jpg

68RR02.jpg

68RR01.jpg

71 Road runner 340 4 speed B5 blue int bench seat. Seller wouldn't drop 500 off the price and didn't realize production #'s then. Trying to find owners info and a pot of gold to finance.

1966 New Yorker. One reason I didn't buy this one is because I saw it for sale the day after I bought my Imperial. '66 didn't come with mandatory rear seat belts, so it may have been nixed by my wife for baby-hauling duty anyway. I think it's over-priced, too, but it's still for sale an hour north of me if anyone is interested.

00l0l_bsZlF8EIrhh_600x450.jpg

That's the last picture I have at work. I'll see if I have any others at home. I'm trying to limit this to only cars I saved pictures of when I was searching to buy a car. (Not that it's in any way a criticism of the stories other people are telling without pictures.)

But the one I don't have a picture of was a 1963 Galaxie 500 with a 390 that I almost bought in college. It was really nice, clean and original. It had a tired engine, but it still ran fine, and would have soldiered on for a long time. Still love the look of the '63. The guy wouldn't come down a few hundred bucks, and I was determined to not pay asking price.

I wish I had bought that car. I wouldn't have it now, but I'd have lots of good memories of it.

00l0l_bsZlF8EIrhh_600x450.jpg

I should have bought my Brother's 69 GTX. Dana 3.54, 4 speed, air grabber, tach, blue, 440 of course. A friend of my parents bought it new when he was in the Air Force as a pilot. Special ordered, it was an export car with a special tag near the radiator, and all the paperwork that ever came with the car new. Absolutely beautiful.

1965 Mustang with a 383 SBC and a TH400... it was so wrong it was right. I bought the Pontiac next to it

70 Superbird .. Yellow Auto for sale locally for $2.4K .. I had just turned 16 and Dad wouldn't let me buy it .. too fast ... 1981
69 GTX .. copper / black interior sitting for several years and owners dad offered it for $800. Came back to buy it and it was gone ... 1981
70 Hemi Road Runner with 12K miles .. B7/Black int original owner and wanted $12K (way out of my $160 a week paycheck range) ... 1982
71 GTX .. friend begged me to buy it. $600, then $450 but I was only interested in 68-70 RR's and I already had 2 at the time ... 1983
57 DeSoto 2 Door with 331 or 354 Hemi .. I figured it would be impossible to find parts and wasn't a 392 Hemi ~ $500 ... 1987
70 Charger SE .. pretty and loaded Petty Blue 383 Magnum, buckets, A/C etc ... buddy begged me to let him buy it ... $1.8K ... 1989
69 383 4 Speed Cuda Gold w/ black interior 40K miles for $4,5K .. wife urged me to buy it and I passed because stupid ... 1990
68 Sport Sat 383 magnum A/C, buckets, B5 convert .. loaded but a project $1.8K .. wife nixed that one .. same day ... 1990
70 Fury Convert B5 Blue, Blue flowerdy seats 383 Magnum, 50K miles very nice but needed new top ... $1,500 ... 1991
72 Olds Rallye 350 .. one owner, down the street from me, original owner wanted $6.5K .. should have bought it .. 1992
92-96 Stationed overseas
71 Demon 318 4 speed .. orange black interior $900 .. wife nixed as we didn't even have a place to live yet ... 1996
68 383 4 Speed Dart GT Convert .. Red with black top and interior and very nice (got talked out of it) ... $10K ... 1998

I bought the rest

1965 Mustang with a 383 SBC and a TH400... it was so wrong it was right. I bought the Pontiac next to it
What was the Pontiac? I had a odd duck. A 1967 Firebird that someone put a 455/400 Olds in it. They added a section to the rear cross member on on side, so the engine sat crooked. The seats were stolen, so I drove it around sitting on a bean bag until I was given a set of Pinto seats. Eventually I straightened the car back up with the correct seats & drivetrain.

What was the Pontiac? I had a odd duck. A 1967 Firebird that someone put a 455/400 Olds in it. They added a section to the rear cross member on on side, so the engine sat crooked. The seats were stolen, so I drove it around sitting on a bean bag until I was given a set of Pinto seats. Eventually I straightened the car back up with the correct seats & drivetrain.

1955 Pontiac Star Chief 4 door and 4 barrel, Burnt orange (brown) and white. All original and mostly untouched. I daily drove it for 2 years and then sold it to a gate guard to get married.

Speaking of Pointiacs, another car I didn't buy last year and kind of regret missing out on was a 1969 (maybe 1970) Pontiac wagon with a 428 and a 4-speed. It was for sale for a long time for like $4500. My Imperial is way cooler, but a 4-speed wagon would have been awesome. I could have totally gotten behind laying big fat stripes with a baby seat in the back.

Dammit wish I would have thought of that, stupid plastic milk crate.
When your broke, creativity is your best friend. The interior was way off. Red house carpet, blue Pinto buckets, the back seat was gold on the bottom and the top was black. The only seat part not stolen. The car had a fold down rear seat! I added a Hurst Indymatic shfter. What a piece of crap. You could pull it out of park, let go of the handle, and it would plop into low. I did get a lucky break on it though. The local wrecker company impounded a 67 HO GTO, 4 speed. They sold me the car for $300. So I put the GTO front seats (yes they were bigger than a Firebirds), wood wheel, and the engine/trans in the car. Sadly the Ram Air manifolds would only clear on the passenger side, so I bought a set of Blackjacks. The rear end was tall, a 3:08. 65 mph in first, 90 in second. I built that car at 17 years old, amazingly.

I am not even going to start or go there as I have owned many cars over the years but the ones that were in my grasp but had nowhere to house them could have comfortably bought several nice houses with garages to store them in !!!!! :BangHead: OH well............

Back