Classics Industries..??

66SportFury

Reaction score
I understand that C Bodies aren't that popular with some,..but if Classics Industries or any other after market restoration company would start to make parts for these cars, they would make a killing. Maybe they will in the future. Be nice to open a book and just order what we need.

:BangHead:

I see an emerging industry based on our C-bodies. I think we are starting to see parts now available from vendors who have saturated the A/B/E world and need to expand.
I also see (quite smugly - sorry about that) a large influence because of FCBO.
Before FCBO, C-body Forums were "Boutique" Forums, catering to a niche, sputtering along flirting with death and survival. I am amazed at how many long time C-body owners have come here and stayed. I've seen cars and people I never knew existed.

Thank you, Joey!

And when vendors start making parts for C-Bodies........magically overnight you will see the value of our cars skyrocket and will be the newest fad at Barrett-Jackson.....the long forgotten, abused, and derbied Monsters of Mopar.

And when vendors start making parts for C-Bodies........magically overnight you will see the value of our cars skyrocket and will be the newest fad at Barrett-Jackson.....the long forgotten, abused, and derbied Monsters of Mopar.

...like a sea of green...

cbodies3.png
il_340x270.393571844_l07n.jpg

Seriously, even some metal parts like patch panels for quarters. They wouldn't be that hard to make, and you'd sell tons of them.

I talked to an owner of a company in Canada who makes crappy stuff,he had a terrible attitude. I'd love to shove his unusable garbage up his ***.

Even getting parts for a paint job for my 65 was tough.

I know I hear ya's all. you can find anything A,B,E, but C,.. forget it. Be nice to open a book and just order some parts. It took me awhile just to get rear taillight lens and there used. Sucks. We should all write a letter here in this thread and I'll put it together and send it off the Classic Industries,..hey you never know. Might put a fire under their asses..! IMO, C bodies are just as important then all the rest.

I know I hear ya's all. you can find anything A,B,E, but C,.. forget it. Be nice to open a book and just order some parts. It took me awhile just to get rear taillight lens and there used. Sucks. We should all write a letter here in this thread and I'll put it together and send it off the Classic Industries,..hey you never know. Might put a fire under their asses..! IMO, C bodies are just as important then all the rest.

I know in the past I inquired to several companies that specialize in GM & Ford products and they say that there just is not the market out there for them to turn a profit on their investment. GM's & Fords as we all know you can rebuild almost any Camaro, Mustang, 55 Chevy, GTO, etc right out of a catalog especially those hard to get trinket parts. Maybe now it is our time for the C-Bodies ...... :eek:ccasion14:

Be nice to open a book and just order some parts.
I believe this separates the men from the boys.
If all you had to do was open a book then everyone would do it.
Most C-body guys have some blood, sweat, and tears into their cars and for that reason I respect them a whole lot more. Go back to Day 1 of FCBO and see how many guys came in tootin their horn but didn't have what it takes to stick around as they moved on to an already pimped Chevy or Ford, or they just gave up altogether.

.... Go back to Day 1 of FCBO and see how many guys came in tootin their horn but didn't have what it takes to stick around as they moved on to an already pimped Chevy or Ford, or they just gave up altogether....

So I did what you suggested, and the first thing I saw was that Polara71 has been bugging people about having windows up and tops down on convertibles pretty much since the beginning.

I believe this separates the men from the boys.
If all you had to do was open a book then everyone would do it.
Most C-body guys have some blood, sweat, and tears into their cars and for that reason I respect them a whole lot more. Go back to Day 1 of FCBO and see how many guys came in tootin their horn but didn't have what it takes to stick around as they moved on to an already pimped Chevy or Ford, or they just gave up altogether.

Agreed 100%

Just like a long term retirement investment, we just need to enjoy our cars day to day and let the world happen. Oh and maybe pick up a couple more C bodies in the meantime while they're still affordable.

although I dont presently have a c body. I feel your pain. I made a comment about patch panels a few days ago and the response I got was ," What patch panels? " It seems from a business standpoint , that would be a good place to start, with the most commonly needed panels for rust repair , such as lower quarters behind the wheels and above the wheel openings. Goodmark is aggresively marketing sheetmetal currently for most cars, maybe they would be interested in production ? Maybe Sherman, or somebody similar could be convinced if they saw how many active members FCBO represents. On a similar note Chrysler Power magazine is producing 4 barrel intakes for the 318 poly as well as aluminum valve covers. They have done design and manufacturing independently to produce these new parts because of interest from clubs which support the poly engine. What I am trying to say is, that if your voice could be heard by the right people, FCBO could get this done in a similar way. And by the way ,although I dont own a c body , I would rather be a member here because of the outstanding group of guys that are involved in FCBO.

I have been hearing the "C bodies are coming into their own" argument on the message boards for the last 16 years, It hasnt happened.
"C bodies are the next big thing". ...... Not much has changed except the supplies are drying up and the prices have gone up. I have seen plenty of new comers and have seen a lot of people go, die, or get out of the hobby. Very little in the way of C body reproduction parts

While true, there are quite a bit of members on the board I dont see how it would be worth it for vendors to make too many reproduction parts... The cost of licensing, tooling, production and advertising would make the parts VERY expensive and from the sounds of it many here arent willing to put up E body money for C body parts.

So you're saying I shouldn't hold my breath for replacement Imperial parts any time soon?

Back