Comet Crash

Fixed.

The idiot should've cut the engine and slammed the trans into First and keep on those brakes. Instead, the clueless check-writing owner shoved it into Park, thinking that little park pawl was going to stop the car. Hell, I'd think a kid in driver training school would know that.
LOL, your right.

What does everyone make of this?

Let's post a video about a cool car with issues that aren't fixed while we incriminate ourselves by posting a video crashing and trashin it!
If there's known safety issues fix before you drive! Pretty simple in my mind.
What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg

Exactly what I was thinking. No mention of the other driver. No concern about the financial losses the other driver may suffer.
I hope the minivan driver sues the ever lovin **** out of them for their stupidity, let alone posting a incriminating video of themselves being jackass's! Stupidity has no end!

All I can say is that the SUV/minivan driver will make bank (and rightfully so!) with the fact this brain-dead car owner and his buddy have provided a treasure-trove of evidence for a mega-lawsuit. Hope Comet-boy gets his *** handed to him! You can tell the owner probably never turned a wrench on that Merc himself in the build. Dumbasses like him really do nothing to endear this hobby to people.

All I can say is that the SUV/minivan driver will make bank (and rightfully so!) with the fact this brain-dead car owner and his buddy have provided a treasure-trove of evidence for a mega-lawsuit. Hope Comet-boy gets his *** handed to him! You can tell the owner probably never turned a wrench on that Merc himself in the build. Dumbasses like him really do nothing to endear this hobby to people.
I would question then if the builder is liable?

Maybe? But the ultimate responsibility goes to who's behind the wheel and did they know there was a problem! Of which he did know there was a problem!
Pilots reject accepting an airplane for flight if there's a maintenance issues they don't like? I've been there and done that as an aircrew member, I've even rejected accepting an airplane with an issue that's part of my system, Pilot backs me up 1001%!

Since the crash took place in December, and it's just being released, I would say everything is settled. Otherwise, if they released a video to the public showing just how negligent both of those assclowns were, that would open them up to even more liability.

In fact, given the intro on the video, it makes me wonder if this was part of the settlement and/or punishment. I could just hear a judge saying "finish the video and show everyone how not to do things."

Also, from the video, I believe the owner built the car himself... or that's how they are presenting it. That may be protecting someone (the builder) too.

whats that saying , oh ya ''stupid does as ....... never drive a ify brakes on a anything ! this 69 rr said ''i thought it would stop ''

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP DRIVER SIDE.jpg

69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP SMASHED GRILL.jpg

For some reason this one blew up big. There are a thousand videos of morons wiping people out on youtube. I can't help but notice that mustangs are way over represented it seems.

As far as the the builder being liable? Thats a No.
This is America and we are supposed to be striving for individual liberty and the accompanying responsibility. If I"m swinging a Louisville slugger and it slips out of my hand and flies into the crowd and kills somebodies grandma, or if I just turn around and bash the umpires head in with it. That is of no fault of the good people building the product.

Not to mention this car has sat dormant since the day it was built. No maintenance.

Truth be told I have seen this several times. The first time I was riding passenger and my friend calmly turned the key back one click. The carb stud had vibrated out and fell in the throttle plate.

Once was my own doing 25 years ago. Coming out of s car show a bunch of little kids were rallying for burnouts. On my wifes instruction even never before and never since. I put it in the wood and lit them up in my Coronet. It stuck wide open. I had done countless burnouts in that car but maybe never floor stomped it.

I was driving my *** off for a few seconds.
And what I did not do was shut it off. I was doubled stomping the brake then the gas and it popped back. We went a ways. There was no traffic in front of me, but for the distance we covered I may have still lit them up if I seen a car that far ahead. I should have shut it off but I was so busy I don't think I wanted to reach for the key.
When my buddy did it the car was gaining speed at a much slower rate

Lastly, just last year a friend told me months after it happened that he totaled a car he owned. It was probably an 80k plus car. He has had it 40 years. It was mint original and a garage queen mostly. He has several other cars to play with. It is a powerful car. He took it out to get new tires and the throttle stuck on high idle, he thought nothing of it and blipped the throttle. It stuck open.

Same thing. Covering distance in a hurry. Ran out of road hit some landscape and jumped it.

I was beside myself. I couldn't imagine what that would feel like. He said he didnt give one ****.
He was so happy he did not kill somebody or himself that he had no concerns otherwise.

Power was a huge factor in his and my example.

That red Merc was a slow gain like my buddy in his camaro over 30 years ago. They could have and should have shut it down way before the crash.

But back to my point, you can watch those fail videos and there are endless morons losing control in crowded city environments and hitting multiple cars and even going up into the crowd on the sidewalk.

One more I just remembered, 5 or 8 years ago in my employer provided new Silverado 2500 it died on the freeway on a left hand curve with no shoulder at 70 mph. With no power steering I tried to get to the right. Having never owned a fuel injected car I instinctively started blipping the throttle trying to get it to catch. It cut back on at full throttle and repowered the steering in the middle of me yarding on the wheel. I shot completely across the freeway.
Two times this happened at precisely the same place. After the second time the dealer was able to pull a code. Steering wheel position sensor failure.
Because it could not tell where the wheel was at
and something to do with miles of sustained speed in a straight line until that left hand sweep it freaked out.

This popped up this morning. Something to really think about... It happens all the time in life, the innocent pay for the guilty.

This popped up this morning. Something to really think about... It happens all the time in life, the innocent pay for the guilty.

This is true. The people that like to lord over society prefer it that way. I damn sure don't want to have laws like Canada does. If individuals are held responsible you don't need to control the masses. But that does not build revenue.

Back