cruise in today

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
there was another cruise In today while we had temperatures in the low 70s. Unbeliveable for early march. We have one of the mildest winters ever. More than 100 cars attended. Some pics for those who like to see them

My Dad had the twin to this car. 63 Newport!

041_zpsdcaa21bf.jpg

Mildest winters ever he says, its in the 70's he says....Oh and doesn't that unrestored fusey 300 look good?

Great pictures, again. Nice. The classic car scene is concentrated in the pott, I guess. :eusa_think:

It is kinda big around here as well as in the Hamburg area. Unfortunatly down south the amount of american classics is a little less. We have a lot of cruise ins in several towns close by

That's a slick looking service car. I'd be guessing that, rather than a hearse, it would be a "first call" car. The one they would send out to a family's house when the deceased first passes. Then use something more formal for the funeral procession.

But I could be wrong. I'm no expert, I just looked into getting a hearse for a while to use as a station wagon. I like 'em big.

Edited to add:
Or maybe not. I remember seeing a European Benz hearse over here for sale a little while back (another one on the list of "Cars I Didn't Buy"), and it had similar proportions. If, for some reason, it was originally sourced for the European market, It would likely have been smaller than the hearses we're used to seeing over here.

I'd love to know the answer.

Thanks for posting, I don't know what I'm more jealous of, the cars or the weather.

That's a slick looking service car. I'd be guessing that, rather than a hearse, it would be a "first call" car. The one they would send out to a family's house when the deceased first passes. Then use something more formal for the funeral procession.

But I could be wrong. I'm no expert, I just looked into getting a hearse for a while to use as a station wagon. I like 'em big.

Edited to add:
Or maybe not. I remember seeing a European Benz hearse over here for sale a little while back (another one on the list of "Cars I Didn't Buy"), and it had similar proportions. If, for some reason, it was originally sourced for the European market, It would likely have been smaller than the hearses we're used to seeing over here.

I'd love to know the answer.

It is really a hearse. The conversions have been buillt overhere.
I know of Chryslers from each modelyear from 1966-1970. Also saw a 1971 Polara hearse as well as some Furys. They have been built for the Netherlands/Belgium

Back