Daves new addition

Yes you are on the "you suck" list Dave :) My shop is definitely too small, too multi-purpose. I have had constant paint jobs in there all winter and haven't taken the cover off Goldie a single time. I need a C-body garage. I

Great update and I'm envious of the garage Dave! You Suck!

I agree with you on the spings btw .. the HD springs from 440 cars always made my B bodies ride and handle much better than the 383 and lesser springs. Major difference IMHO.

This is the 5th set I have bought from them. Two 71's and three 70's I have changed the springs on. Its well worth it, especially when you pack the trunk like you do going to Wisconsin, Carlisle or Detroit.... Tighten up that ride

I'll get the 1" lift springs. I'm also going to put the KYB Gas-A-Just shocks on the rear and just leave all the air suspension stuff on the NYB.

Sounds like a good plan Bob. Your car was built for comfort anyway, she probably rides nice on a bad suspension

Sounds like a good plan Bob. Your car was built for comfort anyway, she probably rides nice on a bad suspension

It did.....the front shocks were blown. What a difference just putting the KYB Gas-A-Just shocks on the front. I need the rear springs and shocks and I'm going to add a rear sway bar. I have the front sway bar link kits. I still need the front sway bar bushings.

Wow, nice Dave. I've got ONE c body stuffed in what amounts to a rabbit hole. Keeps the elements out and is somewhat warm so I am grateful if only just for that. One day however I'm gonna get me a real spot like yours to do the wrench spinning. That's awesome.

Nice work Dave and a really nice space. Great to see you posting work on a project. I have that same job still left on my Imp. to do list and I did get a nice pair of used springs from Murray last month. I just have to clean them up and get all the new bushings etc..
keep us posted.

It wasn't always like that. That building went up in 2007 , 11 years after we moved in . I had used " portable " garages and tarps until then....brutal.

Nice work Dave and a really nice space. Great to see you posting work on a project. I have that same job still left on my Imp. to do list and I did get a nice pair of used springs from Murray last month. I just have to clean them up and get all the new bushings etc..
keep us posted.

I will........ why buy used springs Matt? That's a gamble, isn't it?

Yes & no. Murray had removed from a car this set of heavy duty springs that he thought were good enough to keep. I had talked to him about them last year but between the cost of the springs and shipping them, it didn't make sense to buy used. He comes to the swap meet here at the end of January and I reached out to him to see if he would be interested in a smokin deal on the New Yorker parts I've had and couldn't sell. He was interested in the parts and still had the springs so I traded straight up. I'm going to take them up to a local spring shop and have them evaluated before I do anything but I'll tell you what, they take up a lot less room than all the good parts I had that I couldn't seem to even give away.

It has been a year to the day that I was standing in Columbia Missouri and loaded up the convertible. This car is one of the best purchases of my life. My wife and I (sometimes with the kids) have put over 3000 miles on the car since the purchase. Many warm weather weekends Diane and I get in this car, she says North or South and thats the direction I drive. I havent taken too many photos to update the thread , I just cant believe its been a year already...

One year ago ...

IMG_8668.jpgIMG_8649.jpg

This summer ......

IMG_9292.jpg193510 2015 5-24 (12).jpg

IMG_8668.jpg

IMG_8649.jpg

IMG_9292.jpg

193510 2015 5-24 (12).jpg

Back