Dodge Phoenix from Down Under

hotdog647

Reaction score
This is a 65 Dodge Phoenix Hearse that is/was for sale in Australia. Right hand drive. Photos are posted in another online service. Front body looks like 65 Fury, stretched to accommodate coffin, like US did with other car models. Notice there are no side doors-this is called an 'end loader' by the Professional Car Society.
hearse1.jpg
hearse2.jpg

not a wagon, a real stretch
hearse 9.jpg

I'd expect a poly in this car. Any guess on the engine?
hearse 10.jpg

custom paint
hearse 6.jpg

Initially pre-assembled in the Windsor,Ontario,Canada plant,then shipped to the Land Down Under for final assembly,then modified by an aftermarket coach company .

People would be dying to get a ride in that wagon...
Colonel Sanders eh? that's a little bit funny.

Years ago we put a large edition on a mausoleum, tons of hand chiseled stone! After a few weeks of being there while listening to the radio, "another one bites the dust" came on. I could help but giggle (terrible I know). It took me pointing the irony out for anybody to notice..... This reminds me of then..... A Hearst professionally referred to as an " end loader"........ I feel so very alone at times..... Love the car btw, very cool!!

Agreed Stan! Oh how blissful is the ignance... Although around here I'm just as likely to be taken out by a bus load of orphans and nuns with Ak's!

Last edited:
Back