Door Hinge Springs

blackmamba

Reaction score
Hello in C-BODY Land! I posted an earlier need for Door Hinge Springs for a 1968 Polara, but my cries from the C-Body waste land when unanswered, except for one brave soul. So here is what I have found, that seems to be a perfect replacement Spring at your local Lowe's Hardware Store. Hillman Extension Spring Part HPM #-07828 3/4" X 2" X .105. Works like a charm. Be sure to use the 15 LB one's!

Last edited:
Hello in C-BODY Land! I posted an earlier need for Door Hinge Springs for a 1968 Polara, but my cries from the C-Body waste land when unanswered, except for one brave soul. So here is what I have found, that seems to be a perfect replacement Spring at your local Lowe's Hardware Store. Hillman Extension Spring Part HPM #-07828 3/4" X 2" X .105. Works like a charm.

It's great when someone takes the initiative. We all benefit.

One end has to be closed just a little. You insert that end into small hole. Then with a good pair of Needle Nosed Pliers, you lever the Spring over the dimple in the Arm.

Here's a shot of the package mine came in. IMG_20150607_223251.jpgIMG_20150607_223346.jpg

IMG_20150607_223251.jpg

IMG_20150607_223346.jpg

sometimes when dealing with door parts a good source of spares are on the rear doors of station wagons,suburbans ect as the rear doors get less use are generally in decent shape ie,strikers,door latch's,springs hinges ect are salvageable

Would that be for all Mopars or do all Manufacturers use similar Expansion Springs?

would assume manufacturers would try to cut corners and could possibly use same as some other manufacturers but assumeing is generaly a bad bet....diffrent door weights sizes ect ect would require specific springs

Yeah I was going to do the same thing, but the Bushings were cheap so I replaced them and went with this Spring. I was concerned I had too much Spring as it was a bear moving it through it's arc,with the Hinge in the Bench Vise but once mounted,those big heavy Coupe Doors didn't even know they were there! lol!

Hey, I just happened upon this thread. I got a '66 Fury and the door checks were gone. I swiped springs from work that work for my doors and I fabbed the rollers on the lathe. Took a while because I had nothing to go by but I got it. If any of ya'll are needing the rollers, lemme know and I'll spin you a couple for like 5 bucks for a 2dr and 10 for a 4dr no problem. Fabbed a spring installer too but that was a pain. Long hook needle nose pliers work almost as good.

Hey thanks guy! I fabbed my rollers out of a lawn Mower Axle! It was the perfect size. Just had to cut to length and drill the Roll Pin Hole. You're a lifesaver. We're all in this together! lol!

Back