Exhaust system

67imp

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any companies that sell new-ish good sounding exhaust systems for my 67 imperial lebaron 4dr looking for something that is a little louder and gives the engine a better tone

I used the TTI system. I did not use the mufflers they sell, I used a pair of Imperial 2.5" mufflers.

Waldron' exhaust is also a good source.
Plenty of previous discussions in the site, start searching. See if you find what you need

As to "better sound", remember that when the 1966 Chrysler products were designed, the Imperial was the top of the line and the most luxurious Chrysler available. Equal to Cadillac and Lincoln, but above them in many ways. Mercedes and BMW were not in that same territory back then.

Luxury, back then, included "ease of operation" and "quiet operation" in the total definition. In those times, too, that could mean more-restrictive flow mufflers. Unlike Cad and Lincoln, Imperials were a bit louder, but not much. Still, quiet, though, compared to a B-body HEMI.

In later years, increased flow does NOT equate to louder exhaust sounds. Have you heard the "wimpy sounding" (to me) exhaust sounds of a later-model Corvette? So the TTI system with the mufflers @Boydsdodge mentioned can be a good alternative. Not the least expensive, but a good investment.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

A simple change of mufflers may give you what you want,providing you already have dual exhaust and the rest of the system is in good shape.

I guarantee you will like these

DSC07799.JPG

I buy my mufflers from Motivair. Motivair makes mufflers for most of the restoration and kit companies, they supply Waldron's
I used the PF106. You can ask for different sound levels.

Back