Factory plug n play kit now avail for Gen III HEMIS

Does it matter if I use 727 hooked up to 5.7?
I got a 04 Durango hemi with all wiring and PCM...

I'm not that sure about that far back, and Hemi Durango's had a old style transfer case so the traction control and t case biasing should not be on that one. You may get limp mode, drive by wire restricted if it does not see transmission sensors but they can be turned off at the dealer, manual trans setup, you will get a cat efficiency code from the rear O2 sensor, you cannot turn this off its a I/M monitor, should not affect drivability but check engine light will always be on. If I where you I would use a R545 2wd trans, it is as strong as a regular 727 and has more gears, deeper first and a overdrive, also you will not have kickdown linkage or manual valve body to contend with as on the 727. A drive by wire is not going to play well with a kickdown cable or linkage, no levers on the throttle body to connect to. That's my 2 cents FWIW. Good luck, and you should start a thread on that one, I will follow and live vicariously through it. :thumbsup:

I will be using 727 since I do not want to modify the trans tunnel, plus I want to keep the interior (shifter, console) stock.
03 and 04 RAMs had a cable operated throttle control unit under the hood, this is where the kick down will hook up to.
Since the engine was given to me and I have all wiring even the gauge cluster, I will try to use as many original parts as I can. I will even be using original hemi PS pump with pressure reducing valve.
Once I start the conversion I will start a new thread on this.

03 and 04 RAMs had a cable operated throttle control unit under the hood, this is where the kick down will hook up to
I think that was on the 3.7/4.7 only, I'm pretty sure the 5.7 was never available with anything but drive by wire, electric motor operated throttle body, throttle position sensor is the gas pedal. A R545 is not huge like a 518/R46 if going into a C body it would need very little if any mods to trans tunnel and only near tail shaft housing. I have not completely checked on this but I can get you dimensions from a Durango I have here.

Durango is different from RAMs. 03-04 RAMs did have a cable going from accelerator pedal to a small black box in engine compartment which was a simple throttle position sensor commanding PCM to operate the electronic throttle.

Back