Frame or no frame?

Yeah, the Dakota swap will be a challenge for sure. I just want to avoid changing control arm mounting points and such extensive lower control arm modifications. He had to "Z" his frame, so the Dakota swap should be identical to that minus everything else he had to do. My main reason for wanting to do it this way is to swap out my manual drums and loose steering. Makes sense in my head anyway! We'll see! LOL

Why do we do what we do to our cars? Because we have a vision in our head of what we want our cars to look like. We gather to celebrate those visions people have, even if it isn't what we would do to the car. That's the beautiful thing about the car hobby. There is room for everything. Even if you don't like it. The entire hobby is built around taking a car and doing something to it that it was never intended to be able to do or accommodate.

Being 42 now, I dont think I will grow out of it.

now this is sexy.... to the purists, maybe not...
im gonna be 30 in jan and I can promise you that at 45 ill still be the same way.... my pops taught me that when I build something, whether its a bike, truck or car to remember that I didn't build it to please anyone else but myself.... I guess that's why a build is never finished.....

No matter what .... It's always nice to see the new, young generation getting involved in our old cars in general, and Mopars in peculiar.

No matter what .... It's always nice to see the new, young generation getting involved in our old cars in general, and Mopars in peculiar.
Except that we of your new, young generation are in our forties. ;)

Very few car guys other than ricers in my son's generation. Very sad.

[QUOTE=Stormer;124105] ;)

Very few car guys other than ricers in my son's generation. Very sad.[/QUOTE]
The ricers in this area seem to be on the decline. I get a lot of attention from the young, (20's), guys and girls with the 300 where ever we go lately. First they seem to be supprised to see a 300 with 2 doors, ("I didn't know they made 300s back then"), and then the hugeness of the car is a novelty to them.
It was refreshing to meet a young guy recently who was at a cruise in with a 70 satelite barn find. Car was rough but better then average for a 70. He went on about how he planned to restore the car .... obviously proud of his car and very serious about fixing it. I gave him my # and told him to call if he needed any help, advise or parts sources.

Definitely different strokes/different folks I want one of these cars to make a vacation cruiser out of (SUVs are for moms I'm a car guy I want to go on vacation in a car) I'm 47 some my ride height is a little bit higher but doesn't need to be stock and improving handling should always be a priority. I can't see how there won't be interest in these cars after all they are never going to make cars like these again, they will make mid-size and small cars but nothing like these land yachts again

Back