Front exhaust pipe source

superfragl

Reaction score
Can anyone advise where to get 2.5" down pipes for my 68 Fury that will work with 440 HP manifolds? Tried local muffler shops - no luck.. NO one in the area bends exhaust tubing...
THX

Thanks for the link. I don`t think I am ready to spend that kind of money on those pipes (almost as much as my whole exhaust costs). Perhaps I will buy pre-bent tubing and will make my own pipes. I will post pics when done.

Well, maybe I did not look good enough. Last couple of weeks were really rough for me.. I will look into this again.

I know a place in Worcester, if you're interested I'll send you his number.

Please send the number. I am in Worcester area almost every day lately - visiting my puppy at Tufts hospital.

There's not a lot of places that bend pipes anymore.... But I would expect the prices to be very similar to TTI. Nothing is cheap anymore, especially something "custom".

There's not a lot of places that bend pipes anymore.... But I would expect the prices to be very similar to TTI. Nothing is cheap anymore, especially something "custom".
My local guy would probably be really close in price to the TTI pipes. Maybe a little cheaper but I bet not a lot

Got the header pipes done - found a shop that made them in 30 min while I was waiting. I will weld the flanges myself. $40 a piece.

Sounds great, have you fitted them to the car? Did they use the old ones as patterns?

I did not have the old ones (the car had 318, now has 440). I bent a steel rod as a template and brought it to the shop. I was able to mock them up last night and the pipes fit fine. Hopefully all exhaust will be installed in a few days.

A few pictures of exhaust installed. Never mind rusty drive shaft - I installed it temporary to see how it clears the pipes.
DSCN9777.JPG
DSCN9780.JPG
DSCN9782.JPG
DSCN9785.JPG

Back