Fuel Tank Recommendations

I bought the same sending unit from vansauto, it looks identical to the original as far as fit and quality. I haven't installed it yet as I need to finish prep work on the underside of the Newp.

I have bought several things from them in the past. I've always been pleased with the products, communication, and fast free shipping.

Hope the input helps.

John

i bought a sending unit from them also. it appears to be an exact replacement except for the locking ring is a little thinner. good vendor and fast shipping.

I never had any dealings with Van's until I bought my '67. After that, they were my go-to place time and time again. Out of a zillion transactions, only one was wrong and they made up for it immediately.
Great outfit.

Well they have shipped everything already and I should have it middle of next week. Hopefully with this long weekend I'll be able to make some headway on the brakes and move on to the fuel system next week.

It's amazing how quickly a 440 can drink a peanut butter jar of gas down. :eek:s_dancing2:

I'm so glad that I set up my hillbilly fuel tank instead of dumping gas in the tank like on guy told me to do.

Yippie, everything arrived yesterday and from first glance looks to be good quality. Now I've gotten more to do then possible this weekend breaks and a fuel system. I'm not putting the tank in till the brakes are done because it gives me more room to work under the back end.

Ordered my tank and sending unit for my new to me 72 Fury II, thanks for the help guys! I was looking around at tanks but never seen any sending units on any other sites. So happy to find a tank and all the other stuff that is needed.

One thing to check is the stud on your new sending unit. Mine had metric threads. They were 5mx0.80, you can get them at Tractor Supply 10 for like $1.50. Annoying that they put metric threads on them.

I had the same problem with my 66 300. I did try a 67 tank and it would not fit in my car. Ended up sending my old tank to these guys and they repaired, cleaned and did the renu process on the tank and straps for $300.00. Check them out, very nice people to work with. Moyer Fuel Tank Renu mailto:moyer@westol.com

Got my tank in already, wow that was fast. Went ahead and cleaned and painted it and getting ready to install tonight. I'll keep an eye on the sender and check that out b4 installing everything.

Back