Garlits is back

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
As a prototype driver.. But what a way to keep at it.

4-650x598.jpg

He brought that thing to one of our local shows and I was able to do the touchy feely thing with it.
I don't like the 21st century.....
I didn't like the late 20th much either.

As a prototype driver.. But what a way to keep at it.

4-650x598.jpg

What the heck is a "Prototype Driver?" Don Garlits is MY HERO ! I've liked him ever since the sixties when he went out to the west coast and put all the loud mouth California hot rodders back on their trailers. . .

BTW, have any of you guys visited Don's museum in Ocala, FL ? It is terrific !

Professional driver drives someone else's protoype.
Graduated Air Force Academy, was a Combat vet Top Gun and Fighter Plane Engineer.
Nailed the the blonde, buxom, exhibitionist, Air Force Groupie along with another Top Gunners.
Put up a display case for all his medals.
Retired and now working as a test pilot for private jet manufacturers.

Professional driver drives someone else's protoype.
Graduated Air Force Academy, was a Combat vet Top Gun and Fighter Plane Engineer.
Nailed the the blonde, buxom, exhibitionist, Air Force Groupie along with another Top Gunners.
Put up a display case for all his medals.
Retired and now working as a test pilot for private jet manufacturers.

And someone is always sour when it comes to stuff like this. Wonder who that could be?:dontknow:

Garlits was a virtual mentor to me. All of us in our teens wanted to become him.
He had me at 392
Most precious number. Even ahead of 426 later.

Yeah but he seems to be an innovator, moving the bar forward rather than being stuck in the past... how can that be?

What the heck is a "Prototype Driver?"

Well is there a class in the NHRA for electric powered rails? I only ask because I really don't know.

Well is there a class in the NHRA for electric powered rails? I only ask because I really don't know.[/QUOTE]

no there is not a class for any electric cars. They might be able to compete in a couple of classes but there are no actual rules (to the best of my knowledge) governing them either since there aren't many people doing anything with them.

no there is not a class for any electric cars. They might be able to compete in a couple of classes but there are no actual rules (to the best of my knowledge) governing them either since there aren't many people doing anything with them.

Hence the prototype moniker I used.

Every season someone showed up with a car that fit no exisisting class.
Every new class created by NHRA was created when the second one showed up.

Every season someone showed up with a car that fit no exisisting class.
Every new class created by NHRA was created when the second one showed up.

Yeah I understand how it works. but right now there's no defined category.

Back