Gotta change light bulb on fender turn signal.How do I get to it?

thood1954

Reaction score
Need to change the bulb on the passenger side on top of fender of 69 Fury III. I can touch it underneath from inside of engine bay but that wont help me change the bulb. How much stuff am I gonna have to take off to get at it?

Great question! I've got the same deal on my '67 Monaco! I can feel the wire running up to the fitting. Should I yank hard or twist first?

Glenn

damn it !! That was 12 years ago,............ now I gotta go out and pull one, or get out the FSM (said it before Stan did)

Didn't we already discuss this already some time back?
How many threads does it take to change a light bulb... :D

Posted via Topify on Android

apparently at least two. How many pages does it take to set a bracket in place?

Oh heck! I'll just yank it! Waiting for my FSM in the mail!

Glenn

This is what you are dealing with, it ain't easy and a real pain in the buttocks !!!!! I found going in through the front corner between the radiator support and grill did the trick but very frustrating. The knurled part unscrews from the housing and that houses the lamp.

mwAeRs3SB5SpQx0wROIZHEQ.jpg

$_12.JPG

$_3.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJIkFHSRrO8cmBSKTn7Vl1g%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I have large hands and forearms so this will probably be quite a challenge. I noticed there is another panel (maybe a brace for the grill?) . Would that be a good thing to remove to gain better access?

Thanks for the helpful pics. I GOT IT OUT! I took a bolt out of one the horns so I could reach in there farther. Here's the best part, I reached the nut and started turning it by hand and it unscrewed! After removing it the knurled part unscrewed also by hand. Found out why it didn't work. No bulb! Also tested the wires, tester started blinking. Now to find the elusive 330 bulbs!

Thanks for the helpful pics. I GOT IT OUT! I took a bolt out of one the horns so I could reach in there farther. Here's the best part, I reached the nut and started turning it by hand and it unscrewed! After removing it the knurled part unscrewed also by hand. Found out why it didn't work. No bulb! Also tested the wires, tester started blinking. Now to find the elusive 330 bulbs!

Item condition:

New

Quantity:
More than 10 available / 6 sold

Price:
US $8.95
Buy It Now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-NEW-Bulbs-65-72-Fender-Top-Turn-Signal-Bullet-Lamps-/310825930040

$T2eC16h,%21%29QE9s3HG-J8BR49O1%21%29Ig%7E%7E60_12.JPG

I saw those, and also some on down the list . 10 for about $10 bucks total. Gonna order those to have extra.

Back