Heater fan doesn't work - 1971 Plymouth Fury III

BE_Fury

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Fury III with AC - ac not currently installed - in which the Blower Motor doesn't work.

The fan wheel was broken. Therefore the Blower Motor was removed. I got a used Blower motor with a Fanwheel. I installed this. Unfortunately, it doesn't turn on when I switch on the control panel accordingly. Motor works when I jumper to + the battery. I replaced the switch and heating resistor with (supposedly) working ones.

How do I get the fan to run? Does anyone have a good tip?

IMG_9488.jpeg

IMG_9486.jpeg

IMG_9522.jpeg

IMG_9521.jpeg

IMG_9519.jpeg

84BEBACE-CE7B-4EE8-85D9-0029442B89C7.jpeg

AED9B20B-5FBA-4903-B448-1C6EF5E66D3E.jpeg

Did you replace the switched 12 vdc connector back onto the heater module, it's above the terminal with the light green wire difficult to see.

If the blower motor resistor was flaky, there would be evidence of that on the resistor assy and its connectors. As to "heat colors" or broken resistor wires.

CBODY67

Did you replace the switched 12 vdc connector back onto the heater module, it's above the terminal with the light green wire difficult to see.

Yes, I’ve replaced it.

This might not be the case on a 71, but in 68's the fan will not run unless one of the heat/ac buttons is pushed in.

I tried it out of sheer desperation, but it didn't work…

If the blower motor resistor was flaky, there would be evidence of that on the resistor assy and its connectors. As to "heat colors" or broken resistor wires.

CBODY67
They are apparently fine

Back