Hello from PA!

strego86

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve found many helpful post here over the years but have never been much for posting in forums. I am in many of the Facebook groups though.

I currently have a 1970 Dodge Polara I’ve been slowly working on since 2021. It’s a 383 car that was barely running when I got it. It has needed everything so far… brakes and lines all around, every bushing was spent and now I’m dealing with a small amount of rot around the back window. Hopefully it will be on the road by the end of this summer.

This is my 5th C Body. Prior to this one I had a 1970 Monaco, 1970 Newport Sedan, 1970 Fury III Sedan and a 1971 Polara.

I am looking at getting a nicer one in the next couple of weeks if everything works out, so we’ll see.

IMG_0256.jpeg

IMG_4626.jpeg

IMG_4669.jpeg

Welcome @strego86 ! I saw your post in @67valiant 100 's thread about Newark-built cars. Would love to see the fender tag and hear more about DL23L0F240882 's history.

I own a 1970 Polara convertible whose first two owners were neighbors in Pottstown -- quite near where you are in Reading, PA.

Welcome @strego86 ! I saw your post in @67valiant 100 's thread about Newark-built cars. Would love to see the fender tag and hear more about DL23L0F240882 's history.

I own a 1970 Polara convertible whose first two owners were neighbors in Pottstown -- quite near where you are in Reading, PA.
I bought it from a guy in North Jersey and prior to that I believe it was in PA. I’m guessing it was in Florida at one point because it has an old AAA sticker on the back bumper from St. Petersburg, FL. The poor thing was beat to death though. Every bushing was either completely shot or missing, brakes were all toast and it’s just overall worn out. But I did get it running good and the transmission seems ok, but I haven’t had it out on an actual drive yet. So we will see.
I’m currently working on repairing the rear window area due to some rot, then it’ll hopefully be watertight again.

I have family in Pottstown and have lived there a few times over the years. Not many old C bodies around here.

IMG_4781.jpeg

I bought it from a guy in North Jersey and prior to that I believe it was in PA. I’m guessing it was in Florida at one point because it has an old AAA sticker on the back bumper from St. Petersburg, FL. The poor thing was beat to death though. Every bushing was either completely shot or missing, brakes were all toast and it’s just overall worn out. But I did get it running good and the transmission seems ok, but I haven’t had it out on an actual drive yet. So we will see.
I’m currently working on repairing the rear window area due to some rot, then it’ll hopefully be watertight again.

I have family in Pottstown and have lived there a few times over the years. Not many old C bodies around here.
Thank you! T-VON and a late-build (June 1, 1970 SBD).

@JGC403 is originally from Pottstown, I believe: My project 1965 New Yorker

Another 1970 C-body 'vert was for sale in Pottstown at the same time that Poppy, my 1970 Polara 'vert, was first listed there by the second owner: that other car was a blue Newport convertible. I don't know what happened to it -- see here for a discussion in 2017.

Perhaps @traintech55 (who was interested and reached out to the seller at the time) has the fender tag?

@Samplingman @Big_John or @polara71 @mdh157 -- do you know what happened to it?

Back