Help with my trunk lock

JC68vert300

Reaction score
i opened my trunk yesterday with no issue several times. The last time I put the key in the lock, the key turns all the way to the right, usually with some resistance halfway around as it unlocks, but now it just turns to the right with no resistance, as if the cylinder is empty, and the lock does not open. Any tricks to getting it open? I thought about drilling it out, but was hoping for some magic. How do I break into my trunk without damaging the sheet metal?

Best way is through the back seat. Take the bottom out, then the top. Reach through with a long screw driver and try to catch the slot for the latch. If that doesn't work, a few long extensions on your ratchet and unbolt the latch.

I've had better luck just unbolting the latch, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the help. I was hoping I didn't have to take out the seat back as I just put in new speakers, since it's a convertible I will start with the top well.

my symptoms were a little different the other day, but I experienced a "no open" situation as well. Turned out my trunk lid wasn't closed all the way. Gave it an extra shove downward, heard a 'click', then the key worked again just fine... maybe give that a try?

Back