Hurst 300 Stripe Kits - Performance Car Graphics

Mike Mancini

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I took over Performance Car Graphics a couple years ago and have been working on getting all products back available and one of them I am trying to get together now is the Hurst 300 sets. These are a bit complicated and I would like to ask this crowd if they purchased a set from David before for their car and if so, do they happen to have the detailed instruction sheet that he had put together? I can't seem to locate the instruction file in the stuff I got from PCG. If anyone has one, if they would be gracious enough to email me a copy to cargraphix@aol.com. I would like to get these back to market as many people have been asking.

Thanks
Mike Mancini

Hi Guys,

I took over Performance Car Graphics a couple years ago and have been working on getting all products back available and one of them I am trying to get together now is the Hurst 300 sets. These are a bit complicated and I would like to ask this crowd if they purchased a set from David before for their car and if so, do they happen to have the detailed instruction sheet that he had put together? I can't seem to locate the instruction file in the stuff I got from PCG. If anyone has one, if they would be gracious enough to email me a copy to cargraphix@aol.com. I would like to get these back to market as many people have been asking.

Thanks
Mike Mancini
Thank you for that . I will be needing a stripe kit for mine in the not too distant future .

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Mike Mancini
I have a complete NOS stripe kit, including the wheel decals for the 1970 300/H-Hurst.

Do you also carry the triple side stripe decals for the 300's?

driver rear close.jpg

300 15.jpg

I could make the 300 stripes if I had dimensions and lengths. I would need Overall width top to bottom, pin width and gap with. Length front to rear. If there are any wrap arounds, I would only need to know length to panel edge and I can add the appropriate amount to wrap.

Sounds like a plan Mike. Let me get some measurements and better pics for you. Very cool.

@Mike Mancini, welcome to the Forum. We spoke several times about the tire and emissions decals, most recently at the Nationals. Since this is looking like a request thread, I'd love to finally see these two reproduced, perhaps the most common 1970 C body versions needed. Thanks again for being a C body advocate!

Emissions_14.jpg
TP_71.jpg

Thanks, I've checked ECS before, but they don't reproduce the #71 tire pressure or the #14 emissions. I see the #13 which should be correct (cars made after March 1970, 440, 4bbl with AT) but the idle speed of 700 is wrong for a T code, it should be 650 like the originals I've seen. I'm not sure what the difference is, perhaps with and without AC?

Hi,
ECS makes nothing specifically for a C-body.

All of PCG's decals are silkscreen printed, not digital printed like the competition. The problem with silkscreen printing is that it is much more expensive to do. We have correct artwork already done for both the tire pressure and emissions decal above. The reason we have not gone forward with making these decals is because we would either have to print a lot to make it economical but then very few would sell and I would be stuck with aging inventory without buyers. Or we could do a small run, but the decals would be much more expensive per piece. If the C-body folks are willing to understand and accept this, I can move forward with them. Maybe we gauge interest and go from there so I can establish quantities actually desired.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
ECS makes nothing for a C-body.
Not intentionally, but they do offer some stuff that also works on a C-body. The VIN rivets and the date decal that goes on the door come to mind.

When you have a C-body, you kind of get used to figuring out what B or E body parts also work on a C-body. I personally think vendors are leaving money on the table by not knowing this.
All of PCG's decals are silkscreen printed, not digital printed like the competition. The problem with silkscreen printing is that it is much more expensive to do. We have correct artwork already done for both the tire pressure and emissions decal above. The reason we have not gone forward with making these decals is because we would either have to print a lot to make it economical but then very few would sell and I would be stuck with aging inventory without buyers. Or we could do a small run, but the decals would be much more expensive per piece. If the C-body folks are willing to understand and accept this, I can move forward with them. Maybe we gauge interest and go from there so I can establish quantities actually desired.

Thanks
Mike
Just a suggestion, why not take some pre-orders? I'd buy 2 each of those particular decals. One for the car and one to have in spares. I'll bet a bunch of us would order at least two of each, if not more. I would understand they would be more expensive and I think most reasonable guys would too. I wouldn't want to pay $100 each LOL, but I know the setup charges and all that aren't going to be amortized over a large order so we'll have to pay more.

Back